GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Think I need to go BR! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think I need to go BR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Think I need to go BR!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I guess your mind is made up? Best of luck - not that you'll need it

Mind not totally made up ....

... do I have any other options?
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

You're talking about experian data analytics - ie autotrace.

---> Trace Lost Customers | Debtor Tracing Software Solution | Autotrace Plus | Experian

Nah bailiffs come AFTER court mate. But it's not your gear, it's the mrs isn't it - you said so yourself
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
        Mind not totally made up ....

... do I have any other options?
        I know where you're leaning but you're also trying to cover every scenario which is defeatest. Stop it!!

You cannot permutate for every scenario. Loads of ifs & buts. You have the general gist so make a decision and stand by it.

The last option, think Reginald Perrin. Nah, too extreme
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Why don't you just default across the board. Stop paying everything and let them all default you, charge the house, repo them. So what.
          lol. Sort of the point I was making, amongst others, back on page one of the thread.

Plus avoids NR playing silly buggers with the house sale after BR. Let them repo, SELL, and crystallise the shortfall.

THEN if necessary you can go BR if that is the only option, and if you feel the need.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

And make sure you get the advice IF talks about if you do want to go for BR sooner than later!!!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You're talking about experian data analytics - ie autotrace.

---> Trace Lost Customers | Debtor Tracing Software Solution | Autotrace Plus | Experian

Nah bailiffs come AFTER court mate. But it's not your gear, it's the mrs isn't it - you said so yourself
              That could well be it yes.

Ah but since I don't owe and government taxes, then I won't get bailiffs, only debt collectors. Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                lol. Sort of the point I was making, amongst others, back on page one of the thread.

Plus avoids NR playing silly buggers with the house sale after BR. Let them repo, SELL, and crystallise the shortfall.

THEN if necessary you can go BR if that is the only option, and if you feel the need.
                Haha but I'm just slightly blunter ermmm

But it is a very valid way of doing things, it's not dodgy - it's just playing the game

Comment

I know where you're leaning but you're also trying to cover every scenario which is defeatest. Stop it!!

You cannot permutate for every scenario. Loads of ifs & buts. You have the general gist so make a decision and stand by it.

The last option, think Reginald Perrin. Nah, too extreme
                  Ooops!!! Kick up arse received loud n clear your honour!

Comment

That could well be it yes.

Ah but since I don't owe and government taxes, then I won't get bailiffs, only debt collectors. Is that right?
                    If they got a ccj and you ignored it they *could* try and enforce it at which point they could then get bailiffs, like you or I could, but they don't, won't and wouldn't. It's very rare. Extremely rare in fact.

Comment

Sorry to sound dim, I don't get the issue of NR playing silly buggers with the sale after BR. Surely after BR, the house is their issue, not mine. BR was full and final?

Ok, so stop paying, hand back keys that month, and leave them to chase and take action if they feel like it.

Is it likely that they might think "Stuff it, we won't bother" ???

Comment

And make sure you get the advice IF talks about if you do want to go for BR sooner than later!!!
                        Yep. If you decide to do it now, then do as above quote.

Thanks rizzle - we need to keep that post in mind - just in case.

Comment

Ok, understood. I'll get on the phone once I have an updated payslip!

Comment

Ok, understood. I'll get on the phone once I have an updated payslip!
                            ONLY if YOU want to go BR now will you use that lol.

Consider what rizzle and I have just said, then again then a third time (hint hint)

Comment

IF's first bit of advice :

Originally posted by ;1627
                              For some people who go bankrupt, reposession is an inevitable part of the process. For those people who wish to voluntarily give up their property for reposession, be very aware that to do so a mortgage lender may require you to sign their paperwork, otherwise called a Deed of Acknowledgement.

The Deed of Acknowledgement can take many guises, often found hidden in paperwork for 'handing back the keys' Do not sign ANY forms for voluntarily giving up your property after the date of your bankruptcy.

Signing this after the date of the bankruptcy order would result in the bankrupt acknowledging and accepting liability for any shortfall or further money owed connected with the property... effectively creating a new debt.

Not signing any such forms or paperwork would mean that any costs associated with the property would fall into the bankruptcy order as the mortgage agreement was signed before the bankruptcy order - a pre bankrupt debt covered by bankruptcy even if the house is sold after bankruptcy.

From personal experience I know of one mortgage lender who will outright lie and try to trick a person into signing their paperwork. So much so that I had legal help with one of their 'requests' again proving to be a lie.. an act of trickery.

It is possible to voluntarily surrender a property without signing the paperwork or Deed of Acknowledgement but not easy. I managed by standing firm, showing them I knew my rights and that I would not be tricked or bullied. I also asked for their instructions in writing so I could report them FSA/OFT - their demands for voluntarily reposession never did turn up in the post.

So to reiterate: Do not sign any paperwork from a mortgage lender re: your property, after the date of bankruptcy

Ok, so the advice here is "If I'm going to voluntarily give up property, do it before BR ... NOT after", and DON'T sign ANYTHING!!!

What is my insurance position once I've handed back the keys??? Is it still legally my property to keep insured?

Comment

ONLY if YOU want to go BR now will you use that lol.

Consider what rizzle and I have just said, then again then a third time (hint hint)
                                Ok, it's late and I've been working all day. Am I missing something here, please spell it out as I'm feeling dim!

Comment

Working...
                                X