GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Think I need to go BR! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think I need to go BR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Think I need to go BR!

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Glass half full not half empty eh?
    Aye

I'm generally the optimist, but sometimes just want things over and done with!
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
      Aye

I'm generally the optimist, but sometimes just want things over and done with!
      FF have you read my post above ^^^^^^ xx
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Why don't you just default across the board. Stop paying everything and let them all default you, charge the house, repo them. So what.

What can they do? Send you to prison?

Or

Petition for your B/R?

I know this puts a spanner in the works - but who cares about consequence when you don't care about the assets that equate to the consequence! ie if you walk away then what's the worst that can happen? They find you and you then go BR or let them do it for you. Same difference mate.

It's called option number 3 - back up plan.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
          FF just me here checking that you have spoken to a Debt charity as well, re my post on page 1.

I think I agree with Confused if you have £500 surplus before GF moves in the OR will expect her to pay half bills Council tax, electric etc.

That means you could have to pay more than £500 a month to the OR for 3 years!!

Best wishes
          If...x
          Hi If

No, I haven't spoken to National Debtline yet, purely for the reason that I don't have accurate income/outgoing figures. As I've just arranged childcare vouchers through work, and opting back into the car scheme, my salary could go down by £500 - £750 a month. I wanted to find out where I was at before calling them. Plus are they likely to understand UE, before I mention that?

Right, so before GF moves in, I cannot be seen to be supporting her, she must pay her own bills and then contribute 50% of the bills.

So as you say, potentially, they would want me to pay more, rather than less if she moved in!! Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
            FF have you read my post above ^^^^^^ xx
            Yeah ... had phone call in between replies!

Comment

I think the logic is go BR first then AFTERWARDS you move the gf in

Unofficially, of course.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Why don't you just default across the board. Stop paying everything and let them all default you, charge the house, repo them. So what.

What can they do? Send you to prison?

Or

Petition for your B/R?

I know this puts a spanner in the works - but who cares about consequence when you don't care about the assets that equate to the consequence! ie if you walk away then what's the worst that can happen? They find you and you then go BR or let them do it for you. Same difference mate.

It's called option number 3 - back up plan.
                Is there any difference at all with them petitioning for me to go BR, vs voluntarily going BR?

With the house, should I write to NR, and say "It's due to be vacant, have the keys back?". If I hand back the keys, can I cancel the insurance for it?

Comment

If they petition - they pay the fees. Otherwise you do.

Yes send keys back in envelope and say here you go.

Comment

I think the logic is go BR first then AFTERWARDS you move the gf in

Unofficially, of course.
                    Cheers !!!

That had been my plan. She would of course notify tax credits if she moved in, as they already had her over the coals once before for leaving it a month before notifing them over change of circumstances ... so she's petrified of that!

Comment

• Re: Think I need to go BR!

If they petition - they pay the fees. Otherwise you do.

Yes send keys back in envelope and say here you go.
                      Cool, so once the tenant moves out, I can send the keys back via recorded delivery and say "All yours! ... I'm not paying for it any more ... enjoy your new 2 bed!"

Comment

Point is if u dig your heels in, with nothing to lose, what can they do? That's what I'm saying.

If you can get a thick skin and just ignore them they'll eventually have to petition for BR or let it go.... Either way, doesn't matter to you as you're thinking of doing it now so you've nowt to lose.

Does that make ANY sense?

Comment

Cool, so once the tenant moves out, I can send the keys back via recorded delivery and say "All yours! ... I'm not paying for it any more ... enjoy your new 2 bed!"
                          Exactly. I'm not advocating avoidance at all. Think of it as nothing to lose and so you're simply delaying the inevitable and want a creditor to make you BR so they pay the fee.

That's morally sound, IMO.

Comment

Very subtle but yea.

Comment

I guess your mind is made up? Best of luck - not that you'll need it

Comment

Point is if u dig your heels in, with nothing to lose, what can they do? That's what I'm saying.

If you can get a thick skin and just ignore them they'll eventually have to petition for BR or let it go.... Either way, doesn't matter to you as you're thinking of doing it now so you've nowt to lose.

Does that make ANY sense?
                                Exactly. I'm not advocating avoidance at all. Think of it as nothing to lose and so you're simply delaying the inevitable and want a creditor to make you BR so they pay the fee.

That's morally sound, IMO.
                                To be fair, currently, none of them seem to have cottoned onto my new address. I know via a friend who worked at Experian, that they have systems to find people who have vanished in less than an hour.

But thus far, no-one seems to have caught onto new address.

Would they petition for me to go BR, and Id get a court summons, or would they try to instruct bailiffs first?

Comment

Working...
                                X