GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Death of partner and debt. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death of partner and debt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Death of partner and debt.

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
    The debt is not 155K its 272K,the loan was taken out in March 2007,it was due to be paid in March 2010 or renegoiated from what I can see in the paperwork I have,in January 2012 they asked me to pay 155K of the loan, and set up a new loan for the balance they wanted to charge me 3K to do this, because they don't have a loan agreement i said no but have continued to make the loan payments as they were since 2007.Why can you not dispute a secured loan i must be missing something.
    New information is emerging on this thread all the time....

How did it climb to a balance of £272K when it was originally £155K?

What exactly do you want to dispute?
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
      Just a quick question streewise - did you have a solicitor handle the probate for the will?
      No i did probate myself,

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
        New information is emerging on this thread all the time....

How did it climb to a balance of £272K when it was originally £155K?

What exactly do you want to dispute?
        Post 8 tells you its 272K.

They do not have the loan agreement,so how do they know what's in it i want to negotiate on my terms .

Comment

Post 8 tells you its 272K.

They do not have the loan agreement,so how do they know what's in it i want to negotiate on my terms .
          Post 8 tells me that the bank told you it's £272K..... so where did the £155K figure come from?

Once again, what exactly do you want to dispute?
          Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am getting slightly confused - the loan has always 272 but they would take an offer of 155?

Also to be honest with you - i really think it maybe an idea to get a solicitor to look over this??

I know it feels like we are asking lots of questions - but it is good to have the full picture in front of us

sorry i have to log off now as leaving work but I know P1 is around

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
              I am getting slightly confused - the loan has always 272 but they would take an offer of 155?

Also to be honest with you - i really think it maybe an idea to get a solicitor to look over this??

I know it feels like we are asking lots of questions - but it is good to have the full picture in front of us

sorry i have to log off now as leaving work but I know P1 is around
              No NO they wanted me to pay off 155K of the loan and take out a new loan for the remaining balance.

Comment

No NO they wanted me to pay off 155K of the loan and take out a new loan for the remaining balance.
                What reason did they give you for wanting you to take out a new loan, why did they want £155K of it and also.... how does the co-owner fit into all this?
                Last edited by PriorityOne; 16 December 2012, 16:17.
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Just to clarify a point you keep bringing up. The agreement, or lack of it doesn't matter too much as they can create a recon in line with Carey. Granted this is a different kettle of fish altogether but the principle is the same. If they produce a recon they must tell you it's a recon and that recon must contain the original form & content - basically the info must tally based on other records so assuming your copy showed no interest rates at all yet their recon did that'd be bad for them but good for you.

Point is, you'd need to see what they purport to be a agreement (the recon or forgery as you call it) and compare it with your file copy.

You do though, need a solicitor. That much is a certainty. This isn't peanuts we're talking so dont risk any fuck-ups. A good solicitor is money well saved
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just to add; you withholding payment based on no agreement will get you evicted. You can't play UE with secured debts at £300k

You need to scrap that idea. It's a non starter.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Just to clarify a point you keep bringing up. The agreement, or lack of it doesn't matter too much as they can create a recon in line with Carey. Granted this is a different kettle of fish altogether but the principle is the same. If they produce a recon they must tell you it's a recon and that recon must contain the original form & content - basically the info must tally based on other records so assuming your copy showed no interest rates at all yet their recon did that'd be bad for them but good for you.

Point is, you'd need to see what they purport to be a agreement (the recon or forgery as you call it) and compare it with your file copy.

You do though, need a solicitor. That much is a certainty. This isn't peanuts we're talking so dont risk any fuck-ups. A good solicitor is money well saved
                      Thanks Niddy been in touch with Paul,they did create a recon but did not tell me, they tried to pass of as original ( This is a true certified copy of an original agreement )they also copied and pasted signatures, and dates on to it.I got the business partner to S.A.R the bank and the S.A.R. came back with no loan agreements in it, and a letter stating they do not have the loan agreement.

Comment

Been watching this thread with interest, but one thing keeps bugging me, and doesnt seem to have been answered.

WHY are they asking you to repay 155k and take a new loan to cover the difference?

Yes they can offer it to you, but they cant force it on you unless you have broken the terms of the agreement.

You say you have never defaulted and always kept up payments, so on what grounds are they claiming repossession? it just doesnt make sense to me or anyone else trying to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                          Been watching this thread with interest, but one thing keeps bugging me, and doesnt seem to have been answered.

WHY are they asking you to repay 155k and take a new loan to cover the difference?

Yes they can offer it to you, but they cant force it on you unless you have broken the terms of the agreement.

You say you have never defaulted and always kept up payments, so on what grounds are they claiming repossession? it just doesnt make sense to me or anyone else trying to help you.
                          In January of this year they asked me to repay 155K of this loan,and take out a new loan for the balance at a higher rate of interest.

This could be to reduce there risk as the loan at present is an interest only loan.And no capital has been paid back in 6 years.

In the same letter in January they state that a default occurs with the death of one of the business partners and a formal demand can be issued ,this is not the case in the loan agreement that i have, it clearly states in my agreement, the death of the customer, and the customer in my agreement is clearly named as Ms Smith and Mr Jones the customer,and Mr Jones is still alive.
                          Last edited by Streetwise; 19 December 2012, 09:36.

Comment

Ah ok now i see, so upon death they are saying a default occurs, however your agreement states that the person who died is not the customer.

Right, sounds like you have a valid argument, and one which would need a solicitor to address pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              Ah ok now i see, so upon death they are saying a default occurs, however your agreement states that the person who died is not the customer.

Right, sounds like you have a valid argument, and one which would need a solicitor to address pretty quickly.
                              This is how it reads.
                              This Agreement is made between,

The National Westminster Bank plc ("Bank") and

Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton (the "Customer")together carrying on business in partnership (the "Partnership")of 6 Homelacey Street London SE6 5QR.

Names and bank are fictional.The customer in the agreement are both parties.
                              Last edited by Streetwise; 19 December 2012, 11:29.

Comment

Technicality on wording dont you think? All its missing is an (s)

Not sure if thats a strong defence.

Comment

Working...
                                X