GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CAPITAL ONE - STATUTE BARRED - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPITAL ONE - STATUTE BARRED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CAPITAL ONE - STATUTE BARRED

Sent letter with a couple of modifications. Last payment date was August 2008 not counting the cca fee nov 2008. Lets see

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVELLER View Post
      Sent letter with a couple of modifications. Last payment date was August 2008 not counting the cca fee nov 2008. Lets see
      This is looking good

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
        I would also make it a formal complaint,
        To alex.pitblado@fca.org.uk?

Comment

sent by e-mail 18th November - backed up with recorded delivery hard copy 19th November - no response by e-mail as yet apart from automatic acknowledgement - thanks all for support

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            litigation?
            Oh, my GOD!!!!!!

I proofread that letter three times before posting it. How the hell did THAT slip through???

I only hope you cleaned the letter up before sending it, to avoid looking as big an idiot as the goof who is making this post.

I do apologise most profusely. Time to fake my own death and come back with a sock puppet account. Is the username "illiterate" taken?

Good luck with your case, anyway.

SH

Comment

no worries - I sorted it - they've signed for it today . thanks again

Comment

well - letter received today from Lowell ...." After reviewing the Account, it has become apparent that it is now subject to Section (5) of the Limitation Act 1980 and as such I have now closed the account.......This means you will hear no more regarding this matter and it will not be passed anywhere else for recovery...."

Result - thanks to all for comments/help/guidance/letters - greatly appreciated

Comment

well - letter received today from Lowell ...." After reviewing the Account, it has become apparent that it is now subject to Section (5) of the Limitation Act 1980 and as such I have now closed the account.......This means you will hear no more regarding this matter and it will not be passed anywhere else for recovery...."

Result - thanks to all for comments/help/guidance/letters - greatly appreciated

well done
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

letter received today from Lowell ...." After reviewing the Account, it has become apparent that it is now subject to Section (5) of the Limitation Act 1980 and as such I have now closed the account.......This means you will hear no more regarding this matter and it will not be passed anywhere else for recovery...."
                    Result indeed

It's refreshing to see Lowells acting in an ethical way.

Comment

Brilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        It's refreshing to see Lowells acting in an ethical way.
                        Have they gone mad?

Comment

I love a happy ending. Well done Traveller!

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                            well done
                            thanks but it was a team effort. What worries me is that vulnerable people will just pay up - believing the "facts" these DCAs say about default dates etc are true!! A while ago I would have done the same myself. Thank goodness for these forums

Comment

If they'd bothered to check the details of the account before writing to you, they'd already know that it was statute barred.

So, how much are they going to pay you in compensation?

Comment

thanks but it was a team effort. What worries me is that vulnerable people will just pay up - believing the "facts" these DCAs say about default dates etc are true!! A while ago I would have done the same myself. Thank goodness for these forums
                                Keep the letter admitting it is Statute Barred as, despite their assurances, it has not been unknown for alleged debts to resurface.

Nor has it been unknown for Bowells to invent phantom payments that would seem to have prevented a debt becoming SB.

Comment

Working...
                                X