GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Where do I begin - allegation of Housing Benefit fraud - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I begin - allegation of Housing Benefit fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where do I begin

Me reading the first 2 and a half pages of this thread

love << Me reading the rest
    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Just felt I should update everyone as to how things have been for me since I came back off my caravan holiday and had my meeting with the Probation Officer. They rushed through a placement for me so that I wouldn't be sent down to 'the yard' as this would realistically have been outside my physical capabilities anyway, I got placed in a charity shop locally who were so friendly and accommodating to my limitations but really valued the work and organisational skills that I showed there. In order to complete the hours within the time frame they give (10 weeks intensive min 3 days a week as it was 200 hours or more) and to enable me to spend the school holidays with my daughter, I started my hours on June 14th and was contracted to attend mon, wed & thurs 9:15-3:15 as these were the hours I could be sure of child are and also 9:15-11:15 tues & fri. I was allowed to attend any other hours the shop was open as a way of building up the hours over a shorter space of time and so started attending from 8:30-5pm Monday-Saturday, with the exception of having to pick my daughter up from swimming and deliver her to a nursery group on one of the days.

Not having worked for over 10 years and having health problems it was extremely tiring and I'd be in bed not long after I got home each night, my daughter hated me not picking her up from nursery and did struggle with it a bit but the good news is, I'VE DONE IT, I've completed all 200 hours, finished them the day before she finished nursery and won't have to worry about doing them during the summer or when she starts school in September.

I know it was a punishment but it actually helped me believe I can be a useful person again and have decided that once she starts school I'd like to do something with my life and my time, so I've applied to become a volunteer for the CAB, I've always wanted to have something to do with law (on the right side of it though) and this could be the push I've always needed.

Thanks again for everyone's support through all of this and the other wonderful piece of news is that my doctor can obviously see a massive difference in me as for nearly a year he has refused to let me have any more than a months worth of my medication in the house at any one time as he hasn't trusted me not to do something stupid as a way out. Well it might not seem a big deal but to me it's huge, the last time he gave me my prescription (I physically have to see him every month and had seen him only a few days prior to sentencing) he actually gave me two months worth of all my medication. Total turning point in my life. Onwards and upwards

Comment

Somehow I missed the court and sentencing part of your story

Well done on getting through the 200 hours of community service and now you and your fiance (and your daughter) can look forward to a new beginning

It just shows that good can come from what, at the time, seems to be the worst possible place.

I'm so happy for you x
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Up2MyEyes View Post

. . . but the good news is, I'VE DONE IT, I've completed all 200 hours, finished them the day before she finished nursery and won't have to worry about doing them during the summer or when she starts school in September.

I know it was a punishment but it actually helped me believe I can be a useful person again and have decided that once she starts school I'd like to do something with my life and my time, so I've applied to become a volunteer for the CAB, I've always wanted to have something to do with law (on the right side of it though) and this could be the push I've always needed.

Thanks again for everyone's support through all of this and the other wonderful piece of news is that my doctor can obviously see a massive difference in me as for nearly a year he has refused to let me have any more than a months worth of my medication in the house at any one time as he hasn't trusted me not to do something stupid as a way out. Well it might not seem a big deal but to me it's huge, the last time he gave me my prescription (I physically have to see him every month and had seen him only a few days prior to sentencing) he actually gave me two months worth of all my medication. Total turning point in my life. Onwards and upwards
          This post is truly inspirational. It's been a pleasure getting to know you. And to learn that you now believe in yourself too is just the icing on the cake

Comment

this is great.

Take the whole thing as positive from now on, we all agree that you should never have gone to court over all this, but in a strange way, the ruling has actually shown you what you are capable of doing, and made you a more confident person.

That being said, if god wanted to push me in the right direction to show me something id hope he didnt make it so long and hard as he did for you lol.

Glad to see the outcome has made you a better person.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              OMG OMG OMG you have no idea how happy I am to see your post because it means you are not in prison tonight

And then I read you've got engaged and I cried

I'll say something more sensible tomorrow but right now I am so happy for you

Is this AAD's first wedding We need to celebrate

i just read this whole thread , its terrible what happened here, but i too cried when i read about the engagement. i'm such a softy.

Comment

Re: Where do I begin - allegation of Housing Benefit fraud

Being this thread was linked to (here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ousing-benefit ), is there any update - how are things, married yet?

Hope you're all ok and doing just dandy
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X