GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Where do I begin - allegation of Housing Benefit fraud - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I begin - allegation of Housing Benefit fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where do I begin

Aww. That's so sweet. But I'm sure your daughter is better off being spoilt rotten by her Nana over half-term then worrying why her Mummy is crying all the time. Children pick up on everything

So glad you'll be doing a Family Impact Statement because it will help you. Keep us up-to-date or ask any questions you want on here

Comment

up2myeyes. I just want to wish you all the luck in the world for your court hearing tomorrow By now you will have done everything you can to get your side of the story across so please try to stay calm and dignified

I'll be thinking of you and holding my breath until you post up to tell us you're on your way home

You deserve a break, you really do

Comment

Same from me to

Comment

Hi Up2MyEyes

I've just caught up with your thread and want to wish you all the best for tomorrow

If I'd been in your situation, I wouldn't have done anything different.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you ever so much for all your messages of support they meant the world.

Sorry for taking so long to actually let you all know what an emotional day it has been.

I was up till 2:30 this morning writing, re-reading, re-writing, re-reading my letter to the Judge. I also had to fill in a means form for repaying the debt, typically though the bank website was down when I needed it so had to set my alarm for 6:30 to make sure I had everything as I'd been asked to provide it.

Had numerous character references of friends etc as I don't have any family left (apart from my son)

Despite being in bed for 4 hours hardly slept, unsurprisingly.

My Son came to the house and along with my OH we all set off together. I've got to admit I was less aprehensive about going down to theatre for an operation that I didn't know if I was going to come back from than going today.

My Solicitor (the chocolate teapot one) had passed the case over to her partners secretary but I have to say she was fabulous and really calming to me. However, the Barrister then told her off as she had promised me I would be going home and he said that there were no promises to be made as only the Judge could get to decide that.

The Barrister was very pleased with my letter and also all the character references I had provided. He said they were wonderful.

The Prosecution didn't actually say much against me to be honest, but as I'd already pleaded guilty then I guess there wasn't much really for him to say. They hadn't reworked out what benefits I may have been entitled to but agreed that there would be approx £10k to come off the amount against me. Not sure now how to get an exact figure of what entitlements I would have received but I'm going to worry about that in 10 days time.

Well at first it really didn't sound like it was going well, 3 of my closest friends as well as my son and oh in the public bit, they were all crying and I was sat in the locked glass box at the back of the court. The sound was awful so I couldn't hear what was being said but I could make out my Barrister and what he was saying.

The Judge actually said that it went against his usual judgement but he was going to give me a second chance. Didn't see the point in giving me a curfew as I'm not a stupid teenager doing drugs that needs keeping in off the street.

Because of the amount it should have been an immediate custodial sentence but because of my physical and mental health issues he was prepared to suspend the sentence of 26 weeks for 12 months as well as 200 community service.

I think the fact that payments have already started to be taken from my DLA for the last 7 months helped as well.

It was such a relief to come out of there I can tell you. I had to meet with the Probation Officer before I left to arrange a meeting, he gave me a date for next Thursday but I rather cheekily asked him if I could make it for the following week as we had paid last year for a caravan holiday which is due to start tomorrow morning and we are taking both daughters with us. He very kindly agreed and so I have to meet with him a week on Tuesday.

Well, that wasn't the end of my day. After everything we have been through over the past few years and my lack of trust with men because of it today has really been a turning point. These charges etc have been hanging over me for 18 months and I must have been a right cow at times but my OH has been a constant rock to me. After we came out of court he took me to buy an engagement ring. If we could get through all that together then it was about time I trusted him and eventually said YES

Thank you again to everybody. mwah

Comment

Brilliant news - well done & congrats.

What an emotional day - you've done brilliant
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                @PlanB
                Your help with this issue is much appreciated.
                Just want to second that - planB thanks for taking such an interest in this case, you've probably helped keep miss worry out of jail.

Well done the pair of you
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OMG OMG OMG you have no idea how happy I am to see your post because it means you are not in prison tonight

And then I read you've got engaged and I cried

I'll say something more sensible tomorrow but right now I am so happy for you

Is this AAD's first wedding We need to celebrate

Comment

Plan B is already picking out a suitable costume and hat for the wedding

I didn't pull this off, I simply told Up2MyEyes how she could make the judge aware of her genuine sorrow and background circumstances. I don't know what she said but she obviously got the message across. Well done Up2MyEyes I'm so happy for you

I know a little four year old girl who will be happy to spend a week in a caravan with her Mummy starting tomorrow

Comment

So glad to see you came out "alive" so to speak.

Glad it worked out for you
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

love oh wow...........how happy you must be uptomyeyes and we certainly are to see you posting.

Just read your post and a massive congrats from me.....and great to see that our British Justice system does have a heart and so do the judges.

I am sure words cannot describe the happiness you must have felt......and when you met PlanB

Here's to a happy mum.....and a happy all of us.

PlanB we must get you a cape soon..... your getting too good xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

I'm truly truly made up for you. Well done. You had courage, strength and determination, and got the outcome you so deserved.

I wish you, from the bottom of my heart, every happiness.
                          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Up2MyEyes View Post

One bit of good news though (if I could call it good news as it gutted me to have to do it) I managed to sell the festival tickets and only lost £25 on them. Much better than losing £160 so guess that was a silver lining from somewhere. Next year I WILL be at that festival - NOTHING will stop me. :-)
                            And you'll be taking your new husband with you too

"And they both lived happily ever after . . . "
                            Last edited by PlanB; 3 June 2012, 09:02.

Comment

Fab news.

Well done to all those involved.

Comment

Brilliant news Up2MyEyes

Best wishes
                                IF...x
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X