GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pra Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pra Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creditcritter
    replied
    Re: Pra Group

I did Mary they refer to it in there breakdown of my complaint , hope your well Niddy will re send tomorrow thanks take care of your health

Leave a comment:

• marypoppins
    replied

Did you send the SAR as advised by PlanB in post 19?

Hope you're feeling better Niddy!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Happy to take a look if you resend the email please.

Leave a comment:

• marypoppins
    replied

Don't let anyone from PRA wind you up and try not to answer any calls from them if you know their numbers.

Having had a claim from them a couple of years ago, I can assure you that Jo, PlanB and Niddy have a wealth of experience in knowing how to get PRA to back off.

If it were me, I'd not be sending any letters to them as all it does in my view, is keep your file at the top of their pile so just leave them to concentrate on someone else.

I understand how much you want to get rid of them but keep I'd leave well alone, until or if they do get Brodies on the case (although my claim was via Judge & Priestley)
    Last edited by marypoppins; 28 February 2017, 21:45.

Leave a comment:

• creditcritter
    replied

Hi I will take advice from all Plan B , the complaint was raised before whilst I was being called by a Pra operative who had no real knowledge of the case that got me quite annoyed , I would like advice on what they have sent me.

Leave a comment:

• creditcritter
    replied

Sorry to here you have been unwell thanks for the reply

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by creditcritter View Post
    Hi I just wondered if there was a problem on the site usually replies are very quick don't seem to have had any take up on this
    planB work's with our solicitor - if you get a claim it'd end up on her desk anyway

I'm extremely busy & have been down with Pneumonia for the last month.

Trust others - they can guide you as well.

please resend me the letter and the reason / questions you have regards it and I'll look when I can - Or ask on here for a quicker response.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Hi I just wondered if there was a problem on the site usually replies are very quick don't seem to have had any take up on this
    Maybe that's because you've made it clear on this thread that you wish to take advice from Niddy only so it would be impolite of me to interrupt. I'd happy to help otherwise

I can see that the advice you were given was to sit tight and do nothing. I can also see that after that advice you appear to have made a comprehensive complaint to PRA. You seem to be waiting for an opinion on how to react to their reply. Was there a deadline for a response on that letter?

Niddy has been advising me , I have done everything in the correct order . I have been informed that I should sit tight as what I have recieved is unenforceable on a few counts , I realise now the last letter I recieved is not the letter before action but as you said a letter threatening such I will explain fully the diary off events when this concludes to help others to n the same position.
    Di

Leave a comment:

• creditcritter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• creditcritter
    replied

Niddy did you get my e.mail with my latest correspondence from pra

Leave a comment:

• creditcritter
    replied

There's over £6000 owed on the account if I sign the acceptance form it may allow them to chase me for the rest by accepting my complaints have been addressed accepting the offer may leave me admitting I owe the rest , I have e.mailed Niddy what I have been sent I am sure he will reply in due course.

Leave a comment:

• swanfan
    replied

it would seem Pra are adament they have nearly complied my request but according to Niddy my case is similar to the virgin case in which Pra where easily defeated in court , additional to that I have picture proof the have fraudulently altered the box agreement by hand as it is small terms from the previous year , I take it I should await there next move , the offer of compensation £480 seems like a trick move as an acceptance or refusal section has to be filled in , they state if I accept the payment I am accepting my complaints are resolved which would leave it open for them to chase me for the money they also ask for bank details to pay the money what a sneaky way off fishing dangling a carrot any thoughts?
    My thoughts? Forget the alterior motives & take the cash they are offering. If they decide to chase again, fight/ignore them, your choice. If it were me I'd take their money now, screw them while you can. Then again I'd take any chance to get one over a bank/dca

Leave a comment:

• creditcritter
    replied

it would seem Pra are adament they have nearly complied my request but according to Niddy my case is similar to the virgin case in which Pra where easily defeated in court , additional to that I have picture proof the have fraudulently altered the box agreement by hand as it is small terms from the previous year , I take it I should await there next move , the offer of compensation £480 seems like a trick move as an acceptance or refusal section has to be filled in , they state if I accept the payment I am accepting my complaints are resolved which would leave it open for them to chase me for the money they also ask for bank details to pay the money what a sneaky way off fishing dangling a carrot any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

they have upheld most points in my complaint apart from what they consider fulfilment of the Cca request
    From what you've posted it appears that PRA remain adamant that they have complied with your CCA Request and plan to "re open the case" whatever that may mean.

Their previous correspondence threatened to instruct Brodie's solicitors.

Di

Leave a comment:

• creditcritter
    replied

Hi Niddy I recieved a reply to my complaint about Pra's poor handling of my requests & information supplied they are inferring that all they have to do now is send me a statement of account to complete there obligation then once that is supplied they will re open the case , I have never at any time shown them my hand , although advised by yourself & plan b not to the complaint was already set in place by a call centre operative I just thought it would be a useful curve ball move , at the end of that letter they give me an offer of compensation £480 due to the fact that they have upheld most points in my complaint apart from what they consider fulfilment of the Cca request , I feel this might have a catch it's a bit long winded for the forum I will mail you what I have been sent , I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the letter sent .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X