GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Repossesion 8th April 2014 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repossesion 8th April 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Repossesion 8th April 2014

Didn't want to read and run someone will be along shortly x
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: Repossesion 8th April 2014

Originally posted by Peter pistoe View Post
      Any feedback would be good as to my approach to the situation
      Let me read back through your thread to familiarize myself with the situation again.

From memory you made a complaint to the FOS which halted the original repossession because you had an offer on the property at the time which annoyingly fell through at the eleventh hour. Can you tell me the outcome of that complaint before we go any further? You can email me the Adjudicator's Decision using planB@all-about-debt.co.uk

I'll also check back through our email exchanges over the weekend.

This was a joint mortgage so you and your ex-wife/partner are both jointly and severally liable for the shortfall. This means neither you nor you ex are only responsible for 50% of the debt. You are both (in legal theory) liable for 100% for the shortfall. It's not uncommon for a lender to chase the one with the deepest pockets. In your case neither of you have any money I'm happy to say

We'll catch up and sort this in the coming days/weeks. I feel a new complaint to the FOS coming on since the bank may have sold the property under market value.

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
      X