GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Repossesion 8th April 2014 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repossesion 8th April 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Repossesion 8th April 2014

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
    Plan B you are one awesome woman! It's people like you that make this place so special, totally selfless
    Oh Jane that's so sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Peter pistoe View Post
      Hi planB, just seen the email about confirmation. Will I need to take that confirmation in person? As I'm away working at the moment and won't be nr the court?
      Good heavens no. You won't have to take anything to the court. That's why email was invented

Comment

Well done Plan B & Peter what a great result.

Comment

a truly remarkable person @planB 
          I'm not sure my annoying daughter would agree with your assessment

Comment

I feel empowered now This has shown me what is possible and when this is all done and settled will be addressing my DCAs
            Good for you

We can't wait to sort out your other debts. There'll be no more talk of bankruptcy (something you said in an email to me).

Let's get this repo wrapped up and then we'll move on to the next phase

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              I'm not sure my annoying daughter would agree with your assessment
              Or Harrods
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just read through the posts, wow, what great teamwork, well done Peter and PlanB, fingers crossed for more positive news for you!
                Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Morning, all confirmed with the court bailiffs no repo tomorrow....
                  So I've been thinking back over the last 2 years, as this situation progressed I looked all the routes.
                  One route In particular was To get my ex of the mortgage and rent the house out, Bearing in mind she never in the 8 years contributed, which was fine by the way.... The mortgage company wouldn't remove her, are there ways of doing this without going down the remortgage route??
                  At this stage the house has to be sold as she is claiming housing benefit.

Comment

One route In particular was To get my ex of the mortgage and rent the house out, Bearing in mind she never in the 8 years contributed, which was fine by the way.... The mortgage company wouldn't remove her . . . At this stage the house has to be sold as she is claiming housing benefit.
                    Ooooh. This opens up a whole new line of enquiry I have some questions so I can get the full picture. If any of them are awkward then feel free to answer me by PM or email. I will protect your privacy.

Is this a joint mortgage and is the house in joint names?

If your ex is living there what is the reason for her claiming Housing Benefit ? Or has she moved out and rented a property where she claims HB? I think you previously posted the property was empty.

When you say the mortgage company wouldn't remove her I'm guessing you asked them to take her off the mortgage and leave it in your sole name and they refused. Was this because your ex objected, or was it because your finances weren't adequate enough to support the mortgage? It seems her finances weren't in good shape or she wouldn't be claiming HB.

Were you married and are there any children from the relationship living with either of you?

If you rented out the property would the rent be sufficient to cover the current monthly mortgage repayment? (I'll deal with the arrears separately).

Have you any desire to move back into the property once this nightmare is sorted? Are you too renting elsewhere?

Blimey, that's a lot of questions and I've got many more to come. The thing is I sensed your reluctance to let go of the property from your very first post, and I was hoping that once the threat of repossession went away you would reconsider your stance without that threat hanging over your head. Now that the FOS have intervened there should be no more bullying from the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      You are convinced that you should sell your property to avoid repossession and eviction, but I would like to know whether that is necessary or whether you have been bullied into this situation by your lender when there may be a way to resolve this problem .
                      ^^^^ When I made that post I assumed that the lender had bullied you into selling the property, but now I'm wondering whether you may also be under pressure from your ex-partner/wife too. When you've had time to answer those questions in my last post we'll see what lies ahead

Comment

Haha phew!!!
                        I'll get on to this later and focus on all your questions

Comment

It's a joint mortgage house is in joint names.
                          The house is empty.
                          She has custody of children.
                          She moved out in august ish,
                          The deal was I'd pay the mortgage as maintenance. She was going to get DWP to pay some of the mortgage, and they did but it stopped, can't remember why now? It was a shitty deal on my side but I didn't want to loose the house so paid full mortgage. Then she decided to move out and rent getting HB because she wanted money in her pocket instead of it going on mortgage. The deal is though she has to sell the house ASAP to continue getting the HB payment.
                          Im pretty confident the rent will pay mortgage yes.
                          I've got no intensions of moving back in as the house is on IOW and I work on mainland so no good to me.
                          I first approached bank to see if she could be removed at the beginning of all this but I couldn't do it financially at that point. Then I looked at renting it out, the bank would had to consider this as there was arrears. Then that went out the window because it has to be sold because if her HB.
                          No I'm not renting, I've been sofa surfing, hotels, bnb's for 2 years.
                          I don't get why they wouldn't just remove her as I always paid it and wouldn't if made a difference if she was on it or not?
                          Once the warrant for possession was put in place they did get a bit heavy yes, and was said on the phone they wanted the house now and didn't except my offers and info on selling the house....
                          If there was a way I could remove her, I would consider renting it but don't think this is achievable at this stage.
                          Also the thought of now selling it (even at the loss) kinda draws a line under the situation.
                          I think that covers it and makes sense lol

Comment

I had a gut feeling you were going to say everything you've just posted.

There's a lot going on here and it looks like you got to us in the nick of time Your situation is messy but not unresolvable.

It's not right that you've been sleeping on sofas or have been forced to stay in B & Bs for the last two years. That must make it difficult to maintain your relationship with your children. I'm going to call for back-up.

When you refer to a "deal" between you and your ex can you say whether that for formalised with solicitors or whether it was an informal arrangement with your ex?

We'll do what we can to help you sort this

Comment

It was just a deal between us. Thing are getting better now and the futures looking good, just moping up the mess it left...
                              I've always put my kids first and not let it effect them and keep them all out of it.... They quite like staying in hotels and holiday parks, bloody expensive tho!!! Hence why I got into difficulties with mortgage

Comment

They quite like staying in hotels
                                My daughter has always treated our home like a hotel

Seriously though, we'd like to help you to sort out your debts/finances so you can afford to find somewhere permanent to live.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X