GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Landlord planning to demolish property - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landlord planning to demolish property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Landlord planning to demolish property

Don't remember, I'll have to have a look through my Pictures folder.

[EDIT]
    Nope, don't have any pics of the old carpet.
    It was noted that the carpet was in need of renewal though, can't remember if anything was written down, will check emails.
    Last edited by pooky2483; 29 December 2013, 18:01. Reason: Update
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
      Don't remember, I'll have to have a look through my Pictures folder.
      There should have been an Inventory and/or Schedule of Condition drawn up when the agent handed over the keys at the start of the tenancy. You can cross-check the condition of the property as it stands now (including the garden) against that.

Do you have copies of any emails/letters to the agent seeking permission to change the wallpaper, carpet and kitchen units etc? And what reason did you give them? Did you say the place was shabby and needed upgrading or did you say you didn't like the décor and wanted to put your own stamp on the place?

Comment

Just been looking through the emails and saw ones regarding asking to put new carpet down and put new units in the kitchen, along with new lino and worktop, we have only put up 2 new wall units due to the way the LL is operating and the fact that we do not intend to stay.
        I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

The kitchen does not have any drawers. and the unit where the sink is is rotting and the sink now is giving me electric shocks.

Comment

the unit where the sink is is rotting and the sink now is giving me electric shocks.

So first thing tomorrow you contact the council's environmental health team and make a formal complaint. They may be on skeleton staff because of the Christmas/New Year holiday but register your complaint and then chase it up the following week. The Environmental Officer will visit your property and then send a fierce letter to the Landlord (or agent) threatening them with all sorts of legal action. I'll post up the nitty gritty of the relevant legislation tomorrow.

You have a legal right to live in a safe home! In the meantime this is the perfect excuse you need to avoid doing the washing-up

Read this:

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...nmental_health

Comment

The kitchen does not have any drawers.
              Oh la la

Comment

The kitchen does not have any drawers. and the unit where the sink is is rotting and the sink now is giving me electric shocks.
                Your Earth safety has either failed or hasn't been added... under your sink you should see a yellow/green cable.... is it connected to something both ends?

And totally what Plan B says.... 100%

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                  Oh la la
                  Not them kind silly, lol

Comment

Think the earth safety has failed, I told someone but cant remember if it was the LA or the LL's plumber/sparky?

[EDIT]
                    But the strange thing is, I only feel it on open cuts???

Comment

Who exactly do we make a formal complaint to about LA/LL inability/reluctance and length of time to commit to repairs?

Comment

I have found an association that the LA are a member of HERE and HERE where I found really useful info.
                        I also found THIS site and did a search on the LA and there are LOADS of negative reviews on there, even some from LL's, it was a shocking but not surprising read.

I sent a complaint letter to the LA after sending them an email asking for the 'Customer Complaints Procedure', I got back a reply which I was really peed off at; 'Send in your complaint to this address'. The address was the standard email address where they receive all their emails from. So I sent them another email telling them that I wanted a copy of their 'Customer Complaints Procedure' as stated on the NALS website, they soon changed their tune.

I then compiled a complaint letter and posted it, usual length of time for replies is stated as 2 weeks. I got a phone call from one of their contractors yesterday and to my amazement, they turned up today to do the 'repairs'. Not much of a repair, more of a bodge-job. Not the contractors fault, they were only doing what the LL told them t do.
                        They just bolted the posts back onto the main fixing posts, not even renewing the foundations or even fitting any bolts to the gate, so it's just swinging open as and when it wants.
                        I have sent the LA an email telling them this and that it needs bolts fitting and if not, I will be taking further action.

There are also 2 more repairs needed and have emailed them the details telling them they have until this Friday (17th) or I will be taking further action. One is a broken light fitting which is a H&S issue and the other one is the broken TV aerial, this is a 20 ft pole which has broken in the wind.

Comment

We have had another 'inspection' since and I have 'officially' reported the faulty sink, back in mid Feb I think. So they have had ample time to remedy the problem as they send a report of their findings off to the LL and we get a copy.

PlanB
                          Have you had time to trawl through the TA regarding carpet?

Comment

PlanB
                            Have you had time to trawl through the TA regarding carpet?
                            Did you ask me to specifically look for anything regarding carpet in your AST? Sorry if I missed that point. I'll check it out. From memory your concern was whether you'd lose money if you had to vacate sooner than anticipated because you paid to have your own carpet installed.

I think your original fixed term AST expired this month so you are now on a rolling contract vulnerable to two months notice at any time. You chose not to sign a new longer term tenancy agreement.

Can you update me on any news about the property's future as per the title of your thread. Will it be demolished and if so when?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Did you ask me to specifically look for anything regarding carpet in your AST? Sorry if I missed that point. I'll check it out. From memory your concern was whether you'd lose money if you had to vacate sooner than anticipated because you paid to have your own carpet installed.

I think your original fixed term AST expired this month so you are now on a rolling contract vulnerable to two months notice at any time. You chose not to sign a new longer term tenancy agreement.

Can you update me on any news about the property's future as per the title of your thread. Will it be demolished and if so when?
                              Re carpet, who is responsible for it.
                              There's no news on the progress of demolition.

Comment

The kitchen does not have any drawers.
                                Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                                Oh la la
                                Like Shazza ? (allegedly)

Comment

Working...
                                X