GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Landlord planning to demolish property - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landlord planning to demolish property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Landlord planning to demolish property

I've read those reports and they are shocking and deeply offensive. What's wrong with clutter? Hasn't Robert heard of Shabby Chic? Does he work part-time for IKEA or something?

He is supposed to inspect the property not the tenant. How bloody dare he report that your wife is 'going blind' as if she was a faulty TV set or an oven on the blink. I feel you are owed an apology for such crass insensitivity.

I'm speechless.

Comment

Exactly that!! They are there to make sure the PROPERTY is in a good state, no damp, no structural or fixtures and fittings damage, garden in good order, front yard clear of junk etc... it is NONE of their business how you live so long as when you leave it looks in good order, taking into account w&t for the years you've lived there.

It is most definitely NOT his business to report your medical conditions back to your LL... how dare he!!?

If they are planning to knock the building down then I would start looking for a new property now and when they try to arrange another inspection tell them no on the grounds that they have not stuck to the contractual agreement of "noting and fixing any damage" and seriously overstepped their freedom to do so by informing someone of a personal medical matter without your consent. And in such a harsh way!!! He could have at least said something like ...actually I can't think of anything.. he shouldn't have passed that info on... berk!

Comment

Here's a duplicate of my post on the other thread about these horrendous intrusive inspections:

Originally posted by planB View Post
        I've read those letters and it's prompted me to prepare a report on what an agent would find in Plan B's gaff:

1. There's an unusual amount of empty vodka bottles under the kitchen sink as well as those in the wheelie bin

2. There's a picture of her ex-husband on the mantelpiece with pins stuck in his eyes

3. There's a pile of letters from DCAs on the kitchen table which suggest the Tenant may have financial problems

4. There's a packet of Durex in the Tenant's bedside table which implies that she may have had a visitor contrary to her AST

5. There's 5 different shampoo types in the bathroom which suggests the Tenant is indecisive

6. The Tenant was in her pyjamas at the time of the inspection although it was 4 pm in the afternoon

7. There's an oversized collection of Gary Barlow & Take That DVDs in the bread bin

8. There's no food in the fridge

9. There's 12 year old BMW with a dent in the door outside the property. The neighbours say it's been there for over a year.

10. The property was in perfect condition but the same cannot be said about the Tenant.

11. The Tenant needs to lose 5 lbs so we left her with a paperback copy of the Dukan Diet.

We will be writing to the Landlord to advise him that Plan B is a good Tenant even though she lives a somewhat boho lifestyle.

Comment

LOL Plan B... I think I love you....

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
            Here's a duplicate of my post on the other thread about these horrendous intrusive inspections:
            I've read those letters and it's prompted me to prepare a report on what an agent would find in Plan B's gaff:

1. There's an unusual amount of empty vodka bottles under the kitchen sink as well as those in the wheelie bin

2. There's a picture of her ex-husband on the mantelpiece with pins stuck in his eyes

3. There's a pile of letters from DCAs on the kitchen table which suggest the Tenant may have financial problems

4. There's a packet of Durex in the Tenant's bedside table which implies that she may have had a visitor contrary to her AST

5. There's 5 different shampoo types in the bathroom which suggests the Tenant is indecisive

6. The Tenant was in her pyjamas at the time of the inspection although it was 4 pm in the afternoon

7. There's an oversized collection of Gary Barlow & Take That DVDs in the bread bin

8. There's no food in the fridge

9. There's 12 year old BMW with a dent in the door outside the property. The neighbours say it's been there for over a year.

10. The property was in perfect condition but the same cannot be said about the Tenant.

11. The Tenant needs to lose 5 lbs so we left her with a paperback copy of the Dukan Diet.

We will be writing to the Landlord to advise him that Plan B is a good Tenant even though she lives a somewhat boho lifestyle.
            I read those out to Mrs pooky and she went tits lol, the air was blue, then I told her they were not real reports
            I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
              Exactly that!! They are there to make sure the PROPERTY is in a good state, no damp, no structural or fixtures and fittings damage, garden in good order, front yard clear of junk etc... it is NONE of their business how you live so long as when you leave it looks in good order, taking into account w&t for the years you've lived there.

The last inspection, I asked the person if there was a set standard that the inspections are done by and they said 'No, it's up to the individual'

It is most definitely NOT his business to report your medical conditions back to your LL... how dare he!!?

I WILL be bringing this up with them.

If they are planning to knock the building down then I would start looking for a new property now and when they try to arrange another inspection tell them no on the grounds that they have not stuck to the contractual agreement of "noting and fixing any damage" and seriously overstepped their freedom to do so by informing someone of a personal medical matter without your consent. And in such a harsh way!!! He could have at least said something like ...actually I can't think of anything.. he shouldn't have passed that info on... berk!

We are, were already on the Councils Housing list.
              I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Oohh careful your postcode is on some... and ooohh you live near my Brother!
                If any washing goes missing from the washing line, I'll know where it's gone lol
                ...Watch out, we have an Alsation

Comment

Here's some pictures of the LL's 'Plumbers' 'handywork'
                  Back when we had the new Combi-boiler fitted
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-12_15-55-39.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	1398872Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-12_15-56-04.jpg
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	1398874Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-12_15-56-20.jpg
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	1398876Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-12_15-56-32.jpg
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	1398878Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-12_15-56-39.jpg
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	1398880Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-12_15-56-45.jpg
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	1398882Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-12_15-57-25.jpg
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	1398884
                  This is what I wrote to them, along with the pictures;
                  I have a complaint regarding the plumbers, Pete and Keith, who fitted the combi-boiler.
                  When they went up into the attic to do some work, they moved our property out of their way so that they could work. They didn’t put anything back where they found it,
                  they also left all the old equipment up in the attic, the old pump, the old hot water tank and the jacket for it and the pipes and the foam insulation for the pipes.
                  If we were house owners and had these people in to do the job, we certainly would NOT recommend them to anyone after leaving such a mess, and breaking one of the sections of loft floor boarding.
                  We thought that someone doing that type of job would take the rubbish with them or at the least, inform us that they have left all the old equipment in the attic.

Comment

Iv'e read through the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 and found Section 11; Repairing Obligations.
                    It doesn't state an acceptable length of time to commence repairs, what would the max acceptable be?

Also, S4 Provision of Rent Book
                    We rent through a LA and pay the rent by direct payment (Used to be S/O) to the LA. Should they still have to supply a rent book , but then how can they fill in the rent book every month? Or is proof of payment in statements enough?
                    Last edited by pooky2483; 19 December 2013, 03:18.

Comment

I email our LA every month with the subject: 7 Madeup Street Rent - September 2013

and in the email write Please find rent for September 2013 has been paid in full.

They usually reply with many thanks yadda yadda....

Although if you have a DD is it marked as RENT on the statement? Mine says: 7MadeupRENT

Comment

As for your fence... you've told them numerous times it needs fixing.. as it is part of the property and will be left behind when you move then it's up to the LL to repair (unless you broke it)

Also as far as I am aware you can now take matters into your own hands by getting three quotes from companies to fix the fence and then send copies to the LA saying something like "We have made it clear on numerous inspections since January 2012 that the fence is in need of repair. We consider 24 months an unacceptable time to wait for said repairs so have requested three quotes which we would like you to present to the landlord. Should the repairs not be completed by the 1st February 2014 then we will instruct the cheapest quote to carry out said repairs and invoice you accordingly"

or some such.. I'm sure PlanB knows the legalities of all this but seriously.. 2 years to fix a fence!! It's a £60 job, if that!

It sucks that when they do the inspections and find fault on YOUR behalf they expect you to rectify it by the next inspection or another set date... yet they can leave a part of your property broken.. with the high winds last night I'd be surprised if you even have the panel any more!

My Brother is handy with tools.. he can come fix it for you!

Comment

hmm another thought... do you have the LL address? You could always write direct to them and say that you assume your complaint of a broken fence has not been forwarded to them via the agency and you are concerned about it yadda yadda yadda... If you don't have the address then perhaps with your letter to the LA when you say 24 months is unacceptable and could you please now be furnished with your LL address within 21 days as is your right under section (whatevere it is) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                            We rent through a LA and pay the rent by direct payment (Used to be S/O) to the LA.
                            ^^^^ This may change things a lot.

Is this a case where the LA has entered into a contract with the Landlord to provide him with tenants for (say) 5 years? In these situations the LA claims the rent from the Tenant and pays the Landlord a pre-agreed amount which may be less then the rent the Tenant pays. These contracts exist so that the property owner is guaranteed rent 52 weeks a year even if the LA fails to find a Tenant for the property and there's a void.

In which case the LA may be responsible for the repairs (unsurprisingly it's called a 'repairing lease'). I don't know if this is the case with you but it's worth exploring. I'll PM you my email address but I will not have time to look at your tenancy agreement before Christmas which isn't a problem since you're waiting for a response from the Agent about the timescale of the demolition first.

Could you post up details about how you entered into this tenancy. Did you respond to an advertisement in the local paper, did you pop into a random agent's office looking for it etc? I'd like to understand where the LA comes into the picture.

Comment

As for your fence... you've told them numerous times it needs fixing.. as it is part of the property and will be left behind when you move then it's up to the LL to repair (unless you broke it)

Also as far as I am aware you can now take matters into your own hands by getting three quotes from companies to fix the fence and then send copies to the LA saying something like "We have made it clear on numerous inspections since January 2012 that the fence is in need of repair. We consider 24 months an unacceptable time to wait for said repairs so have requested three quotes which we would like you to present to the landlord. Should the repairs not be completed by the 1st February 2014 then we will instruct the cheapest quote to carry out said repairs and invoice you accordingly"

or some such.. I'm sure PlanB knows the legalities of all this but seriously.. 2 years to fix a fence!! It's a £60 job, if that!

It sucks that when they do the inspections and find fault on YOUR behalf they expect you to rectify it by the next inspection or another set date... yet they can leave a part of your property broken.. with the high winds last night I'd be surprised if you even have the panel any more!

My Brother is handy with tools.. he can come fix it for you!

It's a simple job, all that's happened is the panel seems to have shrunk, it's the type that you slot into the concrete posts, the difficult part is that it's one part of a curved corner bit.

Comment

hmm another thought... do you have the LL address? You could always write direct to them and say that you assume your complaint of a broken fence has not been forwarded to them via the agency and you are concerned about it yadda yadda yadda... If you don't have the address then perhaps with your letter to the LA when you say 24 months is unacceptable and could you please now be furnished with your LL address within 21 days as is your right under section (whatevere it is) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985

Well, at the begining I didnt have the LL's address as they didnt want me to have it, I had to communicate to the LL via the LA.
                                A couple of months ago I wrote a letter to the LL (The postie knows where they live, so I gave the letter to him) asking, as we wanted to possibly have a permanent tenancy - i.e. till we leave in a box, could they consider dropping the LA and we deal with them direct.
                                We got a rather harsh and snotty reply back via the LA telling us to never contact them again as the LL's wife is often on her own and felt threatened by us knowing where they live, as he is away 90% of the time.

But, now I do know where they live after finding out that he is planning to demolish the bungalow, it's on the planning application and as he put a name of a business on the form, I checked that out and it also gived his full name and address.

Comment

Working...
                                X