GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lilly's Repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilly's Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lilly1203 Diary

Thinking of you Lilly...how did it go hun?

Elsa xxx

Comment

well done Lily

I have no doubt that you and yours will be fine as you all have each other

hope it went your way

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
        Family is all that matters.
        I hope that isn't strictly true, as some of us don't have any.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
          Thinking of you Lilly...how did it go hun?

Elsa xxx
          Hi everyone, its all over. We had a two hour wait and then we were only in for three minutes, not too scary but glad its all over. They were granted a 7 day possession order (that means the interest and arrears are frozen after 7 days) I then send the keys back and they take over the house and sell it. They say they will continue to use the same estate agent as I have, and only if it has not sold after a long time will they sell at auction, but who knows they have lied before. I feel so relieved. Its me and the kids at our new house from now on, Dad has set me up a budget and it looks like we will have a few bob spare to have the occasional MacD at the weekends. Dad is going to deal with all that follows and the CAB have offered to support in the bankrupsy bit if needed. Thank you all so much for your support, it was good to be on this site and talk to you. I will keep my eye on the posts and will offer to support others in my position. I now await the final bill after the sale to see what needs to be done but that as they say is another story and another day. I got nowt so they can have nowt. Lots of love Lilly and the kids xx

Comment

Originally posted by pezman65 View Post
            Hi everyone, its all over.
            On to the next chapter in your life with a weight off your mind

I see no need to give NRAM a forwarding address Set up a Royal Mail re-direct and walk away from the problem

Comment

Glad its over for you Lilly - you and the children are what's important and it sounds like you have a plan

Have a lovely Easter.

Jane x

Comment

At least you can now draw a line under this Lilly...sometimes walking away is the best thing to do x
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks to everyone again, Off to Aldi to do some shopping with the kids, I feel the need for a glass of rose wine, after all I may be able to afford it now, don't tell Dad xx

Comment

Originally posted by lilly1203 View Post
                    Thanks to everyone again, Off to Aldi to do some shopping with the kids, I feel the need for a glass of rose wine, after all I may be able to afford it now, don't tell Dad xx
                    Savour it, and think of the future while you do, because you can now start planning it and building it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and remember we are always here if you need us.

SH

Comment

What a relief it must be for you Lilly. I totally agree with PlanB. They've had their pound of flesh off you, get on with your life and leave them to it. Take all the lightbulbs and plants with you too

Comment

And a Box of Cadburys Roses = They Grow On You You KNow!
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          And a Box of Cadburys Roses = They Grow On You You KNow!
                          Wow, that gives your age away, My dad says that was Norman Vaughn in the 60's xxxx

Comment

Wow, that gives your age away, My dad says that was Norman Vaughn in the 60's xxxx

Then he was young then!!!!!!!!!? (shot myself in the foot there!)

Comment

Originally posted by pezman65 View Post
                              They were granted a 7 day possession order. I then send the keys back and they take over the house and sell it. They say they will continue to use the same estate agent as I have, and only if it has not sold after a long time will they sell at auction, but who knows they have lied before. I feel so relieved. Its me and the kids at our new house from now on . . . .

. . . . . I now await the final bill after the sale to see what needs to be done but that as they say is another story and another day.
                              Lily, I hope you and the kids are settling into your new home.

Even though NRAM took possession of your house yesterday they still have a duty to sell it for the best price and according to your previous posts you were NOT in negative equity even after satisfying the GE Money secured loan (which NRAM's solicitor will do for you at the point of sale). Keep in touch with that estate agent you instructed so you know what's going on.

Sadly the lender will add any further mortgage payments due (but with no more interest added!) until it's sold, and also the agent's fees plus legal costs. Even so I don't think you'll be left with an outstanding balance to pay. Even if there's a small amount due to GE Money they will probably write it off if you challenge all their unreasonable charges

I've looked at your diary and your other unsecured debts only total about £3,700 so maybe think twice and twice again before going BR because some of those could be UE or settled/written off because the individual amounts are low in the grand scheme of thinks (I have £150k to sort )
                              Last edited by PlanB; 5 April 2013, 10:59. Reason: typo

Comment

Quite true, I handed keys back 20+ years ago. Took about a year for DCA's to find my new rented address, loads of threats, I told them, please make me bankrupt. No chance, no CCJ's no court, nothing . Until one DCA tried it on 10 years later, wrote to my new employer. Basta-ds. Still got nothing. As stated, if you've got nowt, that's all they can take.

Comment

Working...
                                X