GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lilly's Repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilly's Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lilly's Repossession

Wonderful news xx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pezman65 View Post
      Hi Elsa, Plan B, Niddy and all you wonderful guys, great news. Lilly has just received a letter from GE money, following the letter we sent in March (see above) they have agreed to write off the whole debt of £12,000. Words cannot say how grateful we both are for all your help, this has given Lilly new hope for her future. We have not heard form NRAM yet but that is another story. I just want to say how amazing you all are and how you give hope to those who are lost. Lilly burst into tears when she opened the letter and read it, she thought it was going to be more demands and agro. It has been nearly 5 yrs since she lost her husband and she has struggled on but this outcome is amazing. Once again thank you, you are wonderful wonderful people. xxxxx Lilly's Dad xxxx & Lilly and the kids xxxx
      Awesome news. Nice one.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Pez I've read back through your thread and I can see that the shortfall from the repossession is around £3,500.

From what you've previously said the possession order did not include a money judgement for the arrears which I'm guessing will form part of that £3,500. How much of that is for arrears?

This may mean that NRAM do not have a court judgement to cover some of what's outstanding. I won't know until I see the possession order with my own eyes. If I'm right then Lilly need nor fear any bailiffs since NRAM do not have a CCJ to enforce.

As for the shortfall on the sale price achieved following the repo, a lot will depend on what Lilly signed or hopefully didn't sign when she handed back the keys. NRAM may have asked her to sign a form which said she would undertake to pay back any shortfall. Did she?

If NRAM have not written chasing for the shortfall (have they?) since the repossession in March 2013 then I would tell Lilly to keep her head down. If they don't take action to pursue the money outstanding within six years they will have some difficulty in doing so after that.

Let me know if she hears anything.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Pez I've read back through your thread and I can see that the shortfall from the repossession is around £3,500.

From what you've previously said the possession order did not include a money judgement for the arrears which I'm guessing will form part of that £3,500. How much of that is for arrears?

This may mean that NRAM do not have a court judgement to cover some of what's outstanding. I won't know until I see the possession order with my own eyes. If I'm right then Lilly need nor fear any bailiffs since NRAM do not have a CCJ to enforce.

As for the shortfall on the sale price achieved following the repo, a lot will depend on what Lilly signed or hopefully didn't sign when she handed back the keys. NRAM may have asked her to sign a form which said she would undertake to pay back any shortfall. Did she?

If NRAM have not written chasing for the shortfall (have they?) since the repossession in March 2013 then I would tell Lilly to keep her head down. If they don't take action to pursue the money outstanding within six years they will have some difficulty in doing so after that.

Plan B x
          Hi Plan B, thanks for your post. As I remember the total amount of £3500 was all arrears, the arrears were more than that but the price NRAM got for the house paid off most of the arrears but not all. Lilly had paid of quite a large amount up to the point were she realised she could not keep going and lost the house. I can remember the judge stating NRAM should come back if they wanted a money judgment order so they do not have one at this time. We have both checked but can not remember signing anything after the court hearing with regards to agreeing to pay back any shortfall. I will keep checking the paperwork but there is so much it may take a day or two, will get back ASAP if I find anything. NRAM have been chasing the shortfall and asking for I&E and offers of payment, we sent an I&E at the same time as we sent one to GE, but have not heard back from NRAM yet re the request to write the debt off, Elsa helped with that. I will get back to you once we hear from them either way, many thanks Plan B, kind regards Lilly's Dad x

Comment

Hi again UCE, can I just check if the email in your posts secure or should I remove all personal information, regards Lilly's Dad
            Hi Elsa, just sent you an email. Please let me know if it has not arrived, regards Lilly's Dad x

Comment

Plan B x
              Hi Plan B , letter has been received from NRAM, a much softer approach asking Lilly to contact them so they can support her with an affordable payment. The I&E we sent them shows no disposable income, they do not comment on the request to write off the debt. I wrote back again to let them know they have ignored the 3 letters I have sent and requested a reply. Will keep you up to date if anything else happens. Kind regards, Pez

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                That's really made my day Pezman! It's about time things started going right for Lilly, she's been through enough. She 's lucky to have a lovely Dad like you to help her through all this.
                I'm so, so happy for her.
                Please give her and the kiddies a huge hug from me.

Elsa x
                Hi Elsa, hope you are OK. I have sent an email to you, could you confirm if you have received it, thanks Lilly's Dad

Comment

Hi Pezman,
                  So sorry, you seem to have been marked as spam! I found 3 from you, 2 normal ones and one which I think is maybe something infecting your gmail account as it's sent to all your contacts with a link. I've had this happen to my email account before, it's so annoying for you. I think I had to go onto gmail via my browser and deleted all my contacts on there.

Anyway, at least NRAM are responding nicely.
                  I would have Lily nominate you as her representative as they suggest, and resend the I&E and a copy of the original letter, with a cover note saying something on the lines of...thank you for your letter of xxxx. I enclose Lily's authorisation for me to deal with her case, together with a copy of her I&E and the original letter requesting that you give consideration to writing this debt off due to her circumstances. I look forward to your response.

Elsa xx

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                    Hi Pezman,
                    So sorry, you seem to have been marked as spam! I found 3 from you, 2 normal ones and one which I think is maybe something infecting your gmail account as it's sent to all your contacts with a link. I've had this happen to my email account before, it's so annoying for you. I think I had to go onto gmail via my browser and deleted all my contacts on there.

Anyway, at least NRAM are responding nicely.
                    I would have Lily nominate you as her representative as they suggest, and resend the I&E and a copy of the original letter, with a cover note saying something on the lines of...thank you for your letter of xxxx. I enclose Lily's authorisation for me to deal with her case, together with a copy of her I&E and the original letter requesting that you give consideration to writing this debt off due to her circumstances. I look forward to your response.

Elsa xx
                    Hi Elsa, thanks for the reply. I did not realise that had happened, I will get in touch with my isp and get that checked out. I have done what you have suggested and have received a reply from NRAM along the lines of " we have received you complaint and forwarded it onto our customer relations team who will respond within 20 days" no comment at all re my request to write off the debt due to her circumstances. I will let you know any further developments, kind regards Lilly's Dad.

Comment

have received a reply from NRAM along the lines of " we have received you complaint and forwarded it onto our customer relations team who will respond within 20 days" no comment at all re my request to write off the debt due to her circumstances.
                      Can you remind us of the total sum which NRAM is pursuing (£3.5k?).

Thanks to Elsa this is now in the complaints queue. Next stop is the FOS if they don't play nicely.

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks to Elsa this is now in the complaints queue. Next stop is the FOS if they don't play nicely.

Plan B x
                        Hi plan B hope you are well. Thanks for the post. Yes 3.5k is the amount they have stated. I am sure some of that, if not all are charges and default amounts. I will update ASAP, many thanks Lilly's dad.

Comment

That's just a template response, they're not qualified to answer once it's been passed upstairs. Let's see what they say next.

Comment

Plan B x
                            Hi Plan B, Elsa and all you lovely guys. It has taken nearly 6 yrs but the final part has just come to a wonderful conclusion. Thanks to you guys and your wonderful support Lilly has just heard from NRAM that they are writing off the remainder of the debt following the repossession. She now has a chance to start again without the hassle and worry from the past. Can't thank you enough, you have given us hope and the support to enable us to keep going. Lots of love to you all, Lilly's dad and Lilly and the kids xxx

Comment

Hi Plan B, Elsa and all you lovely guys. It has taken nearly 6 yrs but the final part has just come to a wonderful conclusion. Thanks to you guys and your wonderful support Lilly has just heard from NRAM that they are writing off the remainder of the debt following the repossession. She now has a chance to start again without the hassle and worry from the past. Can't thank you enough, you have given us hope and the support to enable us to keep going. Lots of love to you all, Lilly's dad and Lilly and the kids xxx
                              What great news for the whole family

# freshstart

Plan B x

Comment

That's great news, good luck to Lilly and her children for the future. I am sure she realises how lucky she is to have had your help in sorting everything out.
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X