GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Enough now - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
    TYPE OF ACCOUNT : NatWest cc
    DATE COMMENCED : June 2005
    approx balance : £3500
    last paid in full : before July 2008
    ON DMP SINCE JULY 2008
    Account owner : Cabot financial.

June 2005, Pre approved application received

7/16: letter from NatWest informing me that they have partnered with Westcott
    07/16 : letter from Wescott
    7/16: statement received from NatWest.
    07/17: letter received from NatWest , giving me notice of assignment to Cabot Financial UK
    I have found the ‘copy ‘ of the credit agreement.
    9/17, letter from Cabot Financial
    10/17: F& F offer declined by Wescot ( letter was on their headed note paper ).
    01/18: statement received from Cabot.
    07/18: statement received from Cabot.
    09/18: CCA request sent.
    09/18: letter from Cabot advising they don’t hold the relevant information and have requested a copy from the original lender.
    10/18: letter received stating that they have been unable to supply CCA the original lender has been contacted.
    They remind me that the balance is still outstanding and that I will be contacted by letter or phone to ask me to pay.

They would like like me to set up a personal payment plan.

PLAN : File letter

11/18: letter received from Cabot , advising that we have been unable to obtain the information requested from original lender, if this ever becomes available they will complete my request. But until then the account is unenforceable.

11/18: letter received from Westcott , they have requested that I contact them urgently so ‘we’ can agree on how best to proceed.

PLAN : file letters safely

12/2018 : letter received from Westcot requesting urgent contact to discuss repayment plan .....

PLAN : File letter

12/18: letter received from Westcot writing to inform me that I have missed the payment agreed on the account, ‘we need you to make contact to discuss this account ‘......

PLAN : file letter

1/19: statement received

02/2019: letter received from Cabot advising that they have requested that the account is returned to them , ‘ we have decided that we would like to work with you directly ‘ .......
    PLAN : File

Feb 19: harassment letter sent today recorded delivery Due to multiple voicemail messages left on my work
    Feb 19, letter received from Cabot advising account returned to them and that they are still waiting to hear from me . PLAN : FILE

1st March recorded delivery letter signed for by an employee called Cabot.
    April 22 letter received from Cabot stating they have transferred account to bpo ? Shall I send a letter of Some kind ? To who , any support appreciated.

Comment

• no unless told to do so here

they have just passed it of for someone else to try and persuade you to donate to the next Christmas party.
      If BPO did not have a letter in with the one saying they had passed it over to them, then you can expect some calls and sometime a letter of introduction. add to diary.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

April 22 letter received from Cabot stating they have transferred account to bpo ? Shall I send a letter of Some kind ? To who , any support appreciated.
        I've had this. You'll get a stream of comms (letters, calls and texts) - I simply ignored.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca71 View Post

I've had this. You'll get a stream of comms (letters, calls and texts) - I simply ignored.
          oh thank you so much forgot your reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            no unless told to do so here

they have just passed it of for someone else to try and persuade you to donate to the next Christmas party.
            If BPO did not have a letter in with the one saying they had passed it over to them, then you can expect some calls and sometime a letter of introduction. add to diary.
            ? oh thank you. Would rather contribute to my own. Best wishes.

Comment

• ".. 11/18: letter received from Cabot , advising that we have been unable to obtain the information requested from original lender, if this ever becomes available they will complete my request. But until then the account is unenforceable. .."

Its UNENFORCEABLE
              They have known this for what 4 years now!
              Block the Calls! File the letters and make a Note for yourself of this continued harassment!
              The word desperation and clutching at straws comes to mind!

Just follow The Tech Clerk advice

Comment

Type of account : BARCLAYCARD
                DATE COMMENCED BEFORE JULY 2008
                approx balance : 4900
                Paid in full : prior to July 2008
                OM DMP SINCE JULY 2008
                ACCOUNT OWNER : Link Financial

08/2014: letter from Barclaycard acknowledging DMP company.
                10/16: letter from Barclaycard informing me that they have transferred the account to Asset Link Capital
                Letter from Asset
                09/17: statement from Link Financial
                03/18: further statement from Link
                10/18: statement received from Link, they have applied the £1 CCA

11/18: statement received from Link , no acknowledgement whatsoever in repose the of my CCA REQUEST.

March 2019: statement received.

September 2019 : letter of complaint sent to link as they were contacting me on my work phone. Letter received back from they stating that they haven’t breached any of the guidelines ..... we shall see if they try ringing again.

October 19 : letter stating that Barclaycard are unable to comply with the CCA request , therefore the debt is unenforceable but the outstanding balance remains outstanding. PLAN ; securely filed away.

14/01/20 : letter received from link offering to get me back on track, FILED.

October 22: letter received from Moorcroft ( this is owned by Link) with possible further action which may include debt recovery action.

Do I need to send them a letter ? This is unenforceable , see above.

Would welcome thoughts , I really do not wish to have anyone call at the property.

so grateful for any thoughts as to how to proceed.
                Hi received a letter from Moorcroft , as above , debt unenforceable, do I need to respond to this letter ?
                many thanks.

Comment

• no - if anybody should turn up ignore then they leave a card asking to contact some office number , = bin it. many a we will be calling on you = telephone call usually.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi received a letter from Moorcroft , as above , debt unenforceable, do I need to respond to this letter ?
                    many thanks.
                    I would file it and see what they do next. Have they said in the letter that they are asking someone to call on you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I would file it and see what they do next. Have they said in the letter that they are asking someone to call on you?
                      Hi thank you for your reply.

Yes they have or to call round. They don’t have my phone number.
                      I wasn’t sure wether to send them a sold whilst in dispute or similar letter ?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        no - if anybody should turn up ignore then they leave a card asking to contact some office number , = bin it. many a we will be calling on you = telephone call usually.
                        Hi, thanks for your reply. They haven’t got my number ? Was concerned about them calling, I could well do without any difficulties at the moment. Trying to make my life a little easier.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. They haven’t got my number ? Was concerned about them calling, I could well do without any difficulties at the moment. Trying to make my life a little easier.
                          Don't answer the door unless it's someone you know, or there is a courier van parked outside. They'll just leave a card, and probably never come back.

Comment

• Another way is to act dumb.
                            sorry so do you want?
                            No, sorry not here. Bye.

Comment

• I am so upset, Moorcroft have sent a debt collection agency to my door this morning … answered by my husband ( who doesn’t know about this) I sent him away.
                              this debt is unenforceable and I have been informed X 3 in writing….

Comment

• Well, that's that, you probably won't be seeing them again. Even if the account is unenforceable they are perfectly entitled to ask you to pay, even by using doorstep agents. They just can't win at court.

I don't know your personal situation, but is it so bad if your husband does become aware of the debt? Not having to keep it secret from him would relieve some of your stress, and he may be very supportive, after any initial shock.

Comment

Working...
                                X