GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays Problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays Problem

Originally posted by Blodwin View Post
    Not officially but I suspect they do behind the scenes
    cheers Blod - as i suspected!
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You should review your credit files regularly and often. Don't rely on THEM to do their job properly.
      Nooo - you never review it as it alerts DCA's and lenders to you and they start the hassle again. Never ever check the CRA's when you know that you have no chance of obtaining credit in the first place.

Totally goes against everything we say here, hence not many will agree with that approach
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
        Thanks for confirmation mate, appreciated. You don't happen to know if lenders can share salary information do you - or is it just for their own purposes? Just curious, see here, if you will
        Lenders don't share it no, it is linked into the likes of N Hunter which looks for abnormalities within application data. Sure I've explained all this to you before mate
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Lenders don't share it no, it is linked into the likes of N Hunter which looks for abnormalities within application data. Sure I've explained all this to you before mate
          Sorry bud, i am sure you probably have explained before but couldn't recall the answer (i did have a brief look before posting).

Just got blown out, ah well
          Attached Files
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

A shame they didn't utilise "responsible lending criteria" years ago
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

responsible lending is another way of saying, you cant have it we dont want to give it to you.

Whats responsible about jacking interest rates up when in financial difficulty? wheres the responsible lending then? they are a joke.

Comment

Agreed. all of them!

Comment

sorry to hear about your application missy. fwiw I think lenders don't use the CRAs for anything other than ID checking. I think they share stuff behind the scenes. I've heard about this N Hunter outfit... scary really.

Comment

Niddy I wasn't aware you recommend not checking CRFs regularly. What about ID fraud and / or illegal data processing (the latter as in my instance with Barclays)?

Comment

I got an acknowledgment from Experian stating that they will look into my complaint. It actually had my name on it rather than one of their stoopid email response tickets.

However, more than 10 days have now passed contrary to their complaints handling procedure. I am waiting for their 4 week deadline to resolve it. After which, if still no Final Response, I have 8 weeks from the date of my complaint before I can go to the FOS.

I am livid that having gone through this last year and had a complaint upheld by them, that i have to go through this again. To get a prior Defaulted account removed from the CRFs.

Comment

Niddy I wasn't aware you recommend not checking CRFs regularly. What about ID fraud and / or illegal data processing (the latter as in my instance with Barclays)?
                        What about it? Most people on here are heavily in debt so for those, pointless checking your credit file. Not likely anyone would get very far based on the state of most the users files here, lol.

Make better sense?

If you have a fine credit file then of course, sign up to a free service for regular updates by all means. If you're defaulted etc - forget it, why awaken the lenders unnecessarily?

Comment

Yeah, agreed ref the regular checks if alerting DCAs is an issue.

I'm sick to my hind teeth of battling this though... I will take it up with the FOS as soon as that final response or 8 weeks ticks away. The problem is that Experian may well remove it and hey presto, its back on 6 months later again.

Comment

Yeah, agreed ref the regular checks if alerting DCAs is an issue.

I'm sick to my hind teeth of battling this though... I will take it up with the FOS as soon as that final response or 8 weeks ticks away. The problem is that Experian may well remove it and hey presto, its back on 6 months later again.
                            Problem is the automated processing system meaning each month they get a feed from the lender, the old info comes back - so they need to tell the lender to remove it. However it would be the ICO you complain to in the first instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              it would be the ICO you complain to in the first instance.
                              Ok, how about both the IC O and the FOS simultaneously? I ask as Experian's complaints process refers to the FOS.

Comment

Ok, how about both the IC O and the FOS simultaneously? I ask as Experian's complaints process refers to the FOS.
                                It's not a FOS issue is it? It is a DPA Breach so in the first instance you need to go to the ICO. Then once you do that and if they still don't deal with the complaint then you can go to the FOS (about either/all) of ICO, CRA's, Lender.

But you could send a complaint in to both at the same time, however as you only get one shot at the FOS I would always suggest leaving them till last and to help your case get confirmation from the ICO that there was a breach of DPA which then stands you in a greater position with the FOS doesn't it.

Comment

Working...
                                X