GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Government lose Bedroom Tax challenge decision - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Government lose Bedroom Tax challenge decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Government lose Bedroom Tax challenge decision

Might be worth taking a look at this before falling for any Gov. propaganda...

The Truth About Immigration: Are Foreigners Jumping the Queue? | Scriptonite Daily
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
      Yes..... they change things to suit, I know. The problem with that is that teachers now have to try and get these kids qualifications when most of them don't want to be there.

The Gov. then diverts any blame from themselves by blaming schools for failing standards but are clueless.... and want to keep everyone else clueless.... about the system they've created.
      The problem with education as I see it is too much Government and managerial intervention as the teachers and the pupils have nothing to aspire too as the rules, grades and exams are constantly changing year on year.

Comment

The Truth About Immigration: Are Foreigners Jumping the Queue? | Scriptonite Daily
        A good blogger who I follow

Comment

Although not directly related to bedroom tax as such, I work in publishing for local autorities and the NHS and it's shocking to see how much money they spend on translations catering to specific communities, especially at a time when so many cuts are being made and so many people are losing their jobs.

You would think they would spend the money organising free English courses instead of having everything translated into Urdu, Somali, Polish, Nepalese, etc. Some were thinking about translations into an exotic Nigerian dialect.

We are all for equality but there are hundreds of languages spoken around the world and you can't translate everything into every language, that's just totally impractical, especially when people are being left without benefits or housing due to lack of fundds.

Comment

Can remember back in the late 80s a certain country was contemplating to use one main language for everyday use as there were 5-6 dialects on the go, a reporter reported an incident that took place on a vehicle, = 5 people spoke in different dialics, "What happen during the journey was"= a young lady was climbing on board the vehicle, the driver pulled away quick = she slipped and hurt herself in an unmentionable place, she shouted at the driver = you stupid son of a bitch! what happened next 4 of the 5 people who could understand the dialic she used as it was so near their own laughed - the one person whose dialic the country brought into use was the least known sat there not knowing what was said anf the laughter was for.
            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 1 April 2013, 10:59.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've heard it's the same in India, where they speak so many different languages, Indians often have to speak English between them, because they can't speak each other's dialects.

Everyone else in the world is learning English, especially now with the internet and international business, in the meantime, in Britain, people are being discouraged from learning English! How ironic.

London is becoming more and more like the US cities with little pockets of people who never integrate. Speaking the language is the first step towards successful integration. Having things translated into their own language, and often even read aloud to them, doesn't help when they have to deal with things outside their own area.

Comment

If you've ever tangled with the French documentation you'll see they don't bother with any 'English' versions ...If you can't sort it out you get someone to help if you are that keen to progress with whatever you are doing....

France...speak French

England...speak English

Germany...speak German

etc etc

says it on the tin...not difficult is it ?

Comment

Thats Political Correctness for you. (Id translate it but apprently babelfish doesnt understand the statement, how ironic)

Comment

Working...
                  X