GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SCS & Creation Loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCS & Creation Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCS & Creation Loan

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
    Thats tricky

I would stress you need to tell the solicitors what the issues are, why you are unhappy with the sofa and what you want from their client.

Its not a simple case of saying Im gonna counterclaim under s75 liability, you need to tell them what is wrong with the sofa as well.
    Thank Paul... What would we do without you???

OK. Do you think a letter without any S75, etc in and just an explanation of what is going on with the sofa and why I have not made any payments towards it? Then, wait and see what they send back and hope they do not issue any court papers but instead answer my letter. That would then give me more time and they would at least understand why we are at this stage with the involvement of the solicitors?

OR

Think is best to do a letter using S75 in your post (earlier on in the thread where you have picked a section out) and the OFT guides for the Consumer and what they are expected to do and not to do as highlighter a part of it below?

[B][I]Faulty goods that have been accepted
    If the item does not conform to contract (is faulty) for any of the reasons outlined and the customer has accepted the goods, the law says the customer is entitled to claim a repair or replacement of the goods in the first instance.

If either a repair or replacement is not possible, or the cost is greater than the value of the item (disproportionately costly), or the customer claims either option is taking an unreasonable amount of time or is causing unreasonable inconvenience, the customer is then entitled to
    keep the goods and claim a price reduction from the retailer to compensate them for the fault in the goods - this would be the difference between the value of the product in perfect condition and the value of the product in the faulty condition, or
    return the goods and rescind the contract . This would mean that the customer returns the goods and you provide a partial refund, calculated to reflect the benefit the customer has received from the product.
    Where a customer is entitled to repair or replacement because they have accepted the goods, they can claim price reduction or partial refund if the repair or replacement is
    taking an unreasonable time, or
    causing an unreasonable inconvenience, or
    if the repair or replacement is not satisfactory when they receive it.
    When you calculate price reductions or partial refunds, think about what an impartial person in a court would think is a reasonable amount.
    Proving a problem
    Included in the law is a section on burden of proof. This outlines whether you are entitled to ask a customer to prove that an item was faulty when they bought it from you.

The details of the law are explained opposite. If you are considering asking a customer to prove that an item was faulty when they bought it from you, it is important to consider what proof an impartial person in a court might feel was required. For example, someone in a court might accept that a simple customer statement saying that their item did not work correctly would be sufficient proof.

75 Liability of creditor for breaches by supplier.

(1)If the debtor under a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement falling within section 12(b) or © has, in relation to a transaction financed by the agreement, any claim against the supplier in respect of a misrepresentation or breach of contract, he shall have a like claim against the creditor, who, with the supplier, shall accordingly be jointly and severally liable to the debtor.
    (2)Subject to any agreement between them, the creditor shall be entitled to be indemnified by the supplier for loss suffered by the creditor in satisfying his liability under subsection (1), including costs reasonably incurred by him in defending proceedings instituted by the debtor.
    (3)Subsection (1) does not apply to a claim—
    (a)under a non-commercial agreement, F1. . .
    (b)so far as the claim relates to any single item to which the supplier has attached a cash price not exceeding [F2£100] or more than [F3£30,000][F4, or]
    [F5(c)under a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement for running-account credit—
    (i)which provides for the making of payments by the debtor in relation to specified periods which, in the case of an agreement which is not secured on land, do not exceed three months, and
    (ii)which requires that the number of payments to be made by the debtor in repayments of the whole amount of the credit provided in each such period shall not exceed one.]

That could be made up to a letter and be more suitable than the one you have posted up for LBA on CC/loans, etc

What do you think?

Comment

UPDATE - SCS Sofa / Creation Loan - Drydensfairfax Solicitors

I have just received a letter from the Solicitors in response to my email that I sent as a quick 'stop any action'.

I explained that I was ill and that I am in and out of hospital could they bare with me while I having tests and results before I can give them a full response. They have taken that on board and are speaking to their clients (Creation) about it and will get their instruction soon.

After reading my thread and what Paul has been saying I feel that since the Solicitor has no idea what is really going on as they wont have been told the in's and out's of everything, but just that I owe £x amount of money that needs to be paid....

I feel it is important (as Paul says)that they understand the situation better and understand how badly I have been treated. I have all the letters and emails that I have ever sent and received so I can start by sending them a few details out of those before I start with S75 and all of the other legal stuff.

If anyone doesn't agree with me please say so and I can change things around. I just want to be given a chance and not to have any court action happen to me.

I do understand when I have been told that it wouldn't be a bad thing to go to court due to the hassle of everything that has happened but I would rather sort things out and come to some sort of agreement before that happens!

Comment

I've just discovered that this story finally had a happy ending after over a year of hassle

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        the (unreported) HAPPY ending is that I understand Paul got rid of this once and for all.

Comment

Working...
        X