ARGOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARGOS

Just want to share my experience from last Christmas.

My youngest son with special needs had a xbox game from his aunt for Christmas, when he was unwrapping the xmas paper the game was then sealed and also with the polythene wrapping, so all excitedly he ripped this off and opened the game box and no game disc, yet the booklet...... ;EEK .
    We felt terrible telling his aunt, but she gave us the receipt and then I checked the terms and conds of purchasing software/games from argos.
    Unfortunately once opened you cannot return them!!!!

But this was not on, for goodness sakes, you had to open the damn thing to get to the disc, that was the only way we knew, my son's face when he opened it OMG bless him!!! :cry:

So boxing day the first thing hubby done was go to Argos anyway, despite their terms and conds, explained the situation, and they said "the thing is Sir" you opened the game box , so that was it, hubby lost his rag and said, "well why the hell do you think I'm here, and how else we were to know if the disc was inside without opening it and get your manager NOW" .
    Oh he also explained to the girl about our son with autism and how he felt on xmas day, the manager had apparently heard and within minutes came out with another replacement, so hubby made them open the disc box in front of him to make sure this did not happen again!

But I don't think they should sell these products due to their terms and conds of purchasing these games.
    We never buy these games from Argos, but at least his Aunt will know not to bother again.

So be careful folks, if you plan to buy console games from Argos.

Re: ARGOS

argh that's ridiculous! what if it was a damaged disc, by the same theory you wouldn't know it was damaged until you opened it! i've bought a DVD off Amazon before and the wrong disc came in the right box, so that had to go back, they didn't question it thankfully

your son must have been disappointed on Christmas Day, i'm so glad you got it sorted for him! x

Comment

Originally posted by confused76
      argh that's ridiculous! what if it was a damaged disc, by the same theory you wouldn't know it was damaged until you opened it! i've bought a DVD off Amazon before and the wrong disc came in the right box, so that had to go back, they didn't question it thankfully

your son must have been disappointed on Christmas Day, i'm so glad you got it sorted for him! x

Yes exactly, and yes my son was very upset, he thought it was a joke at first bless him.

Thankfully hubby spoke up though, there were lots of people in the queue, I expect that did help though.

Comment

hi di30
        i know its not argos but...
        ive just today took an x box game back today to asda because it wouldnt play and the lass at the counter didnt even look in the box to see if the disc was there,anyway she just exchanged it straight away no bother
        asda are good that way,theyve done it before so its not like it was the only time its happened
        all the best
        alanstuart

Comment

Hi alan that is great news .

I told my sister in law not to bother with console games from argos again, although we were very grateful for the pressie she got my son, and thankfully they did end up replacing it, but what a fuss!

We generally go to Asda for these games and your right alan they are very good in there and make no fuss at all.
          Bet that was disappointing for you at first with the game not working, glad its all resolved now though, good one. k

Comment

I wonder if you asked for one of those 'customer views', would they open it for you to see before you bought it?

Hmm...might try it out!!
            Made by God...Improved by the Devil
            Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic
              I wonder if you asked for one of those 'customer views', would they open it for you to see before you bought it?

Hmm...might try it out!!

Yeah do it Angelic 2 .

Well, when they replaced my son's disc, my hubby made them do that, he said he was not leaving the store otherwise. k

Comment

I can't imagine the disappointment in your son's face on xmas day but good going on your hubby pushing for a replacement!
                Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic
                  I can't imagine the disappointment in your son's face on xmas day but good going on your hubby pushing for a replacement!
                  Thank you honey. ;K7

Comment

"the thing is Sir" you opened the game box

You couldn't make it up could you ;D

Comment

Well done to your hubby for getting it sorted too (had to post again, I was on 13 posts lol )

Comment

Working...
                      X