GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Small dispute over web domain charges, but wrong name? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small dispute over web domain charges, but wrong name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Small dispute over web domain charges, but wrong name?

I'm getting lost here stevie. I thought it was only 7 days to cancel. OP already said it was over 2 weeks before he contacted them ?
    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by billypre
      I'm getting lost here stevie. I thought it was only 7 days to cancel. OP already said it was over 2 weeks before he contacted them ?
      There is email proof that they received and acknowledged account termination within a timely fashion
      hence

Originally posted by stevieb
      Argue the point, you have proof they received and acknowledged cancellation within the time period.
      Therefore there is no bill outstanding.
      If they now argue that _they_ were in error for sending that email out . invoice £60 for time, phone calls, emails etc

Comment

Originally posted by colony
        Yes there was a 7 day cancellation period however I opened the account on the 15th October and didn't receive the paypal charge until 28th October (which was the first indicator of how much they were charging (no previous invoice).

I disputed the charge via paypal immediately, but didn't ring up and cancel the account until the 12th November (I think I forgot about it!).

What do you think?

Sorry Stevie, i'm reading this and wondering how you are saying they received in timely manner if you only have 7 days to cancel ?

Hopefully you are right mate.
        I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Working...
        X