GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UGH argos woes. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UGH argos woes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UGH argos woes.

Hmm let me explain this as easy as i can for you all.

Forget dsr2000 - not applicable when paid in person.

As for refund, forget it. They ONLY have to exchange (and will do so) if you mention ANY fault things. Point here is most places do the same cos software is invalid once you run the pc.

Sorry. Legally you have no rights. Sale of goods act wont help either.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oscar
      Tell them it has an "intermittent fault" ..... and that under the "Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002" that it is up to the store (not the manufacturer or anyone else) to prove that it wasnt faulty at the point of purchase.

Thing is with "intermittent faults" is they dont always happen (hence why they are intermittent - and a fact most Argos employees probably dont understand) and are difficult to diagnose.
      All they have to do is exchange for same product. Acheives nothing mate lol. Will not get you a refund or exchange to new product.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yeh DSR won't help. What you should have done was got it delivered to your home...... then you always have rights.

You could flog it on Ebay or Gumtree perhaps and recoup your money ?
        I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

P.S at argos go yo customer services desk and view before you buy. I always do it. They will open the boxes and let you see/feel/play with item before you buy it. Obv tirned off, but you'd have seen the keypad and realised that it was no good.

Also, avoid acer like plague - utter shyte throughout. Get sony vaio or dell business books for best action! My vaio is on 24/7 and my dell is with me, wherever i go!!

Comment

Jen move this thread to consumer rights please!!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by billypre
              Yeh DSR won't help. What you should have done was got it delivered to your home...... then you always have rights.

You could flog it on Ebay or Gumtree perhaps and recoup your money ?
              . It would still be exempt even if she had it delivered as it has software that once used values the product as void-useless!!!

Really she has no rights!!

Comment

I think that applies specifically to software which the customer has opened and used. I dont think it includes hardware which already has software pre-installed Niddy.
                I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

It does if the retailer says so matey!! A lot of laptops are sold with pre installed siftware that you finish the process when you get it out the box.... This personalises it meaning its 2nd hand and a retailer can add an exemption clause if they so desire, in line with current legislation of course....

Comment

Yeah they wont open the box for you I asked them when i was there.. and the photo online ISN'T the same.

I looked at vaio but it didn't have what I wanted.. and I currently have a dell.. its not even lasted 3 yrs.

Comment

If the photo online isn't the same then i am sure you can get refund for it being "not as described". They should definitely let you view the goods also, otherwise they could just give you an empty box !!

Comment

If its not the same then its missale of goods act. But argos customer service always allow you to open boxes, you cant do it after you buy as such. You usually do it before you buy and also need to see customer services not normal collection points.

Id write in and argue your point....

Comment

Weellll i dont need a letter I went in... and 10 minutes later came out with a NEW laptop one I like! YAY

Comment

I know this isn't exactly the right thing to do but as I see it big companies can take it better than the little person.

If, and I'm not saying I have done this, but IF I wanted to take something back to Argos and they were being funny about it I would

a. make sure it was faulty, I wouldn't actually damage anything as that is malicious but surely if the fuse had gone in the plug it wouldn't work and not many staff at Argos would think to check the fuse would they. Obviously I would tell them that it had been intermittent and now it didn't work at all

b. I would search online to see which Argos actually has the same item in stock to reserve, I would then try to find a store I could get to that didn't actually have any in stock so they couldn't offer me a replacement but either a refund or an exchange and made sure that I was happy with the exchange before walking away

Sorry but that's just me and how I'd try not to be stung by something like that

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br
                              Weellll i dont need a letter I went in... and 10 minutes later came out with a NEW laptop one I like! YAY
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X