GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kitchen sink problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitchen sink problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kitchen sink problem

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
    not read all threads closely, but if it's been installed by fitters and it had been installed incorrectly - then the fitters/suppliers are liable to fix this problem at no charge to you. unless you/partner has bought and installed yourselves.

<<i may stand to be corrected on assumptions
    Posts together 5corpio!

Yes it was installed by the company, I just supplied the sink.

Comment

I've just emailed Jo for some advice.

I've still not had a response to my letter which I sent last Friday (3rd Feb) by recorded delivery. Typically the Royal Mail tracking hasn't been updated! I sent a polite email to them yesterday asking them to confirm receipt (copied in 3 members of staff) and I've not had a reply to that either!

Comment

Sounds like they are trying to ignore you Mary !!! You won't go away will you ?x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
          Sounds like they are trying to ignore you Mary !!! You won't go away will you ?x
          In the words of Don Henley 'I will not go quietly'!

Comment

xx
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They've still not had the courtesy to reply to my letter yet!

It's still not showing on the Royal mail tracking and they've not replied to my email asking them to confirm receipt.

Not very professional!

I don't suppose a judge would be very impressed either, if they do issue a claim.

Their LBA was dated 31st Jan and gave me 14 days.

In the meantime, the hairline crack in the sink is spreading!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                I don't suppose a judge would be very impressed either, if they do issue a claim.

Their LBA was dated 31st Jan and gave me 14 days.
                What would they be issuing a claim for?

Do you owe them any money which you are withholding due to this kitchen sink drama?

How did you pay for the installation? Was it by credit card and was it over £100?

Was this part of a whole kitchen installation by a company which may belong to The Furniture Ombudsman so your complaint could be referred to them to resolve:

http://www.thefurnitureombudsman.org...-installation/

Di

Comment

MP, my take would be that if they won't/don't repair it then you could sue them. So, if they issue against you first then you'd counterclaim against them. I'd start getting quotes for the repairs and forward those to the original installer. Give them 14 days to complete the repairs ;-)

Hi Di, post 14 would seem to indicate full payments not been made but doesn't elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    What would they be issuing a claim for?

Do you owe them any money which you are withholding due to this kitchen sink drama?

How did you pay for the installation? Was it by credit card and was it over £100?

Was this part of a whole kitchen installation by a company which may belong to The Furniture Ombudsman so your complaint could be referred to them to resolve:

http://www.thefurnitureombudsman.org...-installation/

Di
                    I paid the balance less £500 in October because there were some things that still needed sorting in November (installation started early July) the sink was an additional problem as the crack appeared mid November.

Paid cash and yes it was part of the whole installation. (over £100)

Thank you for that link Di, I'll have a look this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by mike'y View Post
                      MP, my take would be that if they won't/don't repair it then you could sue them. So, if they issue against you first then you'd counterclaim against them. I'd start getting quotes for the repairs and forward those to the original installer. Give them 14 days to complete the repairs ;-)

Hi Di, post 14 would seem to indicate full payments not been made but doesn't elaborate.
                      As I've not heard from them I don't know what, if anything they plan to do.

I've had 3 people out to look, all agree it wasn't fitted to manufacturers guidelines, only one person is prepared to do it (it's not an easy task) I've got a verbal quote which to be honest is a lot less than I was expecting so I was thinking of writing to them again to advise that I would get the job done myself and when it was completed, I would send them the balance less the cost of getting the new one fitted.

We're talking about around £100 for it to be done.

Comment

Their not on the list of members Di so I can't use that avenue.

They're a small family run business not a large company, they've got really good reviews apart from one a couple of years ago, which sounds similar to my problems.

Comment

Well the way I see it is ...you owe them £500 there not going to come back and fix any problem now ...tricky one ...

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                            Well the way I see it is ...you owe them £500 there not going to come back and fix any problem now ...tricky one ...
                            It's not unreasonable to expect a response, one way or the other, considering they have sent me a letter before action.

Lets's see if anything arrives in the post tomorrow.

Comment

I've not had anything in the post today so I've got to consider what to do now.

The last thing I want is a claim from them so I'm thinking it would be best to send them the balance less the cost of fitting the replacement.

If they still want to pursue me for the £100, it will cost them that much to start a claim!

Just as a matter of interest, if a claim is issued, could my photographs be used as proof, when I submit an initial defence or would they have to be used at a later stage?

Comment

I'm not sure about when the photos could be used but I don't think I'd be sending them the £500-£100. What if the eventual cost of the repair comes to more than £100 (especially as it was only a verbal quote)? What about the stress and hassle you've had? Maybe send them half of it saying that you'll send any remaining balance once you've had the sink repaired.

Edit: I've just read back to refresh my memory of your problem and I don't think I'd be offering them anything yet. They sent the LBA on 31st January giving you 14 days and you replied 3 days later. They still haven't replied to your letter nor acknowledged your emails.
                                Last edited by Pixie; 11 February 2017, 13:01.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X