GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 3 default notices from one account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 default notices from one account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 default notices from one account

Okay, having problems with my scanner at the moment. But I will try to summarise, it if helps at all, until I can get the silly thing working properly.

Nov 2009 - £1 token payment and letter sent to Paypal Santander re financial difficulty (no previous missed payments)

Nov 2009 - letter from PPSant saying unable to accept offer

6 Nov 2009 - statement: total balance: 4071.24, interest 71.24, overlimit amount requiring immediate payment 71.24, total monthly payment due 193.38, due 01 Dec 2009

Dec 2009 - £1 token payment and letter sent to Paypal Santander

6 Dec 2009 - statement: total balance 4137.95, interest 67.71, overdue amount requiring immed payment 259.09, total monthly payment due 383.23, due 31 Dec 2009

07 Dec 2009 - letter from PPSant saying "you have not made your minimum payment and your account is now overdue by £137.95"

18 Dec 2009 - letter from PPSand with income/expenditure form demanding proof including wage slip, bank statement, statements from other creditors, and a valid telephone number in order to process

21 Dec 2009 - default notice for amount of £136.95

31 Dec 2009 - "notice of sums in arrears" letter from PPSant saying "total of minimum payments required £244.28"

06 Jan 2010 - statement: total balance 4208.10, interest 71.15, overdue amount requiring immed payment 452.38, total monthly payment due 578.62, due 31 Jan 2010

07 Jan 2010 - letter sent with £7.15 payment, showing current budget and breakdown of debts including breakdown of percentage payments to each (so they'd know we were paying everyone a low amount). we did not send any proof items they demanded or our phone number.

07 Jan 2010 - letter from PPSant saying despite previous contact, account is overdue

21 Jan 2010 - letter from PPSant saying "despite previously issuing a default notice, your account remains overdue" and saying it will pass to Viking Collections Services if not paid

25 Jan 2010 - letter from PPSant stating "we are unable to assist you in your request for reduced payments, as you did not send the relevant proof. Please return the fully completed form along with an up to date bank statement, details of income, utility bills and details of all other creditors." (they returned our previous letter and I&E form we sent them to us)

06 Feb 2010 - letter from PPSant stating that "following a review of your account we will not be reissuing a new card at this time due to the status of your account. After the defined expiry date on your card the account will only be open for payments...." (although I note they are still charging approx £70 per month interest)

06 Feb 2010 - statement: total balance 4273.28, interest 72.33, overdue amount requiring immed payment 636.65, total monthly payment due 764.85, due 03 Mar 2010

10 Feb 2010 - £7.15 payment made by us

25 Feb 2010 - letter from PPSant saying "thank you for contacting us, before we can consider your proposal, there are certain items we need to discuss with you. Please call us immediately on...." (we didn't call - we had already told them we would only deal with them in writing)

03 Mar 2010 - "notice of sums in arrears" total of minimum payments required £240.14

06 Mar 2010 - statement: total balance 4332.53, interest 66.40, overdue amount requiring immed payment 816.95, total monthly payment due 946.93, due 31 Mar 2010

10 Mar 2010 - £7.15 payment made by us

06 Apr 2010 - statement: total balance 4399.98, interest 74.60, overdue amount requiring immed payment 1007.23, total monthly payment due 1139.23, due 01 May 2010

10 Apr 2010 - letter received from Viking Collection "you are now required to pay the full outstanding balance of £4399.98 with the next 7 days."

10 Apr 2010 - £7.15 payment made by us to PPSant (standing order)

29 Apr 2010 - letter received from Viking "the full balance outstanding is £4392.83 and must be paid immediately", plus threats of court, bankruptcy, home collection, and stating it is essential we call them.

01 May 2010 - "notice of sums in arrears" letter from PPSant, total of minimum payments required £247.68

06 May 2010 - statement: total balance 4466.23, interest 73.40, overdue amount requiring immed payment 1198.33, total monthly payment due 1332.32, due 31 May 2010

10 May 2010 - £7.15 payment made by us to PPSant (standing order)

06 June 2010 - statement: total balance 4536.13, interest 77.05, overdue amount requiring immed payment 1395.07, total monthly payment due 1531.15, due 01 July 2010

10 June 2010 - £7.15 payment made by us to PPSant (standing order)

17 June 2010 - letter from PPSant "are you experiencing financial difficulty? If you are we may be able to help you.... please call now...." showing balance of £4528.98

29 June 2010 - letter from PPSant "we have not yet received your completed Income and expenditure form..." and again demanding proof, stating "if we do not receive...within 14 days the hold which has been placed on your account will be removed and collections activity will resume..." WHAT HOLD???

01 July 2010 - "notice of sums in arrears" letter from PPSant, total of minimum payments required £255.77

06 July 2010 - statement: total balance 4604.78, interest 75.80, overdue amount requiring immed payment 1592.65, total monthly payment due 1730.79, due 31 July 2010

10 July 2010 - £14.30 paid by us to PPSant including letter saying we were now able to increase our monthly payment (standing order)

13 July 2010 - default notice from PPSant - to remedy breach must pay £973.57 (noted as amount of arrears) within 14 days from receipt of this notice.

23 July 2010 - letter sent to PPSant requesting copy of CCA, enclosing £1 fee for this

28 July 2010 - letter received from PPSant with copy of CCA - CCA enforceable per Niddy (although looking at it now, I note that the notice is signed by us and by them both on the same date, which would not be possible as we would have posted it back to them)

06 Aug 2010 - statement: total balance 4669.99, interest 79.51, overdue amount requiring immed payment 1781.70, total monthly payment due 1921.80, due 31 Aug 2010

10 Aug 2010 - £14.30 paid by us to PPSant (standing order)

31 Aug 2010 - "notice of sums in arrears" stating total minimum payments required £249.64

06 Sept 2010 - statement: total balance 4736.41, interest 80.72, overdue amount requiring immed payment 1973.92, total monthly payment due 2116.01, due 01 Oct 2010

10 Sept 2010 - £14.30 paid by us to PPSant (standing order)

06 Oct 2010 - statement: total balance 4801.44, interest 79.33, overdue amount requiring immed payment 2166.74, total monthly payment due 2310.78, due 31 Oct 2010

10 Oct 2010 - £14.30 paid by us to PPSant (standing order)

15 Oct 2010 - default notice from PPSant, account in arrears of £1351.00, to remedy this breach it must be paid with 14 days of receipt of this notice.

06 Nov 2010 - statement: total balance 4870.34, interest 83.20, overdue amount requiring immed payment 2365.38, total monthly payment due 2511.49, due 01 Dec 2010

23 Nov 2010 - letter from PPSant "are you experiencing financial difficulty? if you are, we may be able to help you.... please call now...."

06 Dec 2010 - "notice of default sums" letter, stating that we were now being charge a £12 over limit fee, and £12 late payment fee (for the first time - not sure what prompted these now?)

06 Dec 2010 - statement: total balance due 4961.77, interest 61.69, TRANS BALANCE INT CHARGE 20.04, OVERLIMIT FEE 12.00, LATE PAYMENT FEE 12.00, overdue amount requiring immed payment 2456.81, total monthly payment due 2787.09, due 31 Dec 2010

10 Dec 2010 - £14.30 paid by us to PPSant (standing order)

23 Dec 2010 - letter from PPSant - "according to our records, we have noticed that your current balance has exceeded your credit limit" and requesting we pay £947.47 to bring it back under the limit, noting that over limit charges have been added to our account.

10 Jan 2010 - £14.30 paid by us to PPSant

10 Feb 2010 - £14.30 paid by us to PPSant

Then nothing from them until now...

02 June 2011 - Final demand letter from Lewis Debt recovery (ironic, as we've never heard of them in the first place, much less warranted a final demand). date of issue says 27 May 2011, payment due no later than 03 June 2011 (the day after we received it) demanding full payment of £4928.23.

Well, that's it. I delayed on dealing with them after speaking to Niddy re the 3 DNs as it seemed they weren't playing things straight at all. I think I must have some misfiled paperwork, as it seems there was a particular reason I stopped paying them in March but I can't remember and can't find any paperwork pertaining to it. I must admit to frustration that we were paying a monthly (albeit small) amount each month, then managed to double that amount... we would have continued increasing it as we were able, and we were upfront with them about it, but they still continued to make things difficult. Obviously the small amount we were paying wasn't even covering the £70+ per month interest they were charging, but we did ask repeatedly for them to stop interest to allow us to start getting the debt paid down, and they refused.

The amounts on the DNs are odd, and I can't seem to match them up with anything specific.

Now that I've bombarded this info, does it help at all? If not, I'm sorry... but hey it did help me get a running timeline of it for my own use anyway.
    Last edited by liandconsmum; 10 June 2011, 11:37.

Comment

Send a PM to Paul.

See what he says!! It's too late for me to concentrate now I'm afraid
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

to be honest, id really like to see the statements the notices and the contract to be able to properly assess if there is any issues

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
          to be honest, id really like to see the statements the notices and the contract to be able to properly assess if there is any issues
          I thought as much, it's hard to assess anything based on type, the originals show a whole different picture
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oh well. Had to put it all in order for myself anyway. As soon as I've beaten my scanner into submission, I will post it all up on here. Thanks.

Comment

you can email them to me if you like?

Comment

* wonders if it might be an idea to give you a little portal like my one; where people upload agreements, but with yours lock it to you.... Then people can upload documents for you to see and refer back to, without clogging emails!

What do you reckon?

Comment

Niddy,

Thats a fantastic idea, unlike others forums you are clearly making it work for the members and that is something that has been missing from the others.

Regards

Comment

Without the users, there is no forum!!

Ahh glad to see you're up at last!! Skiver

Comment

Yup, I think I might have the scanner sorted... but won't have any child-free time again until tomorrow morning. LOL So will have to do it then. So would you like it emailed or posted somewhere? Happy to do either. Thank you so much!

Comment

Will you email to Paul - pm him for his address.

Comment

Okay, will do. THanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X