GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HFO Capital v Roland Wegmuller - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HFO Capital v Roland Wegmuller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HFO Capital v Roland Wegmuller

Niddy's probably sick of me banging on about it But there's little point of winning a case if we don't put it to good use. Except for getting shot of my £5k of course

I wonder if there's a widget on this site that allows it to trace any M&S or Debenhams credit card which is going through the UE Diaries which might have been a storecard originally

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
      Maybe as Niddy wanted to keep copies to the watermarked PDFs at the time?
      BBC put paid to that pretty quickly as i recall.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
        yeah they did with the mayhew judgment.

It was a written ruling that the judge circulated you see whereas some of the other judgments we have had transcribed ourselves and these are in our possession only

Comment

I've just posted the text up so it's there anyway.

If Niddy or Paul want to edit and/or add some explanatory notes, then feel free.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I thought written judgments which are handed down were the property of HMCS and can be readily obtained for a fee without any copyright issues.

My point is why don't we keep splattering our watermarked versions of these two great cases all over the website in threads (when & where appropriate) to get the word out. At the moment they can only be viewed by members who sign in and not guests

We're missing a trick with free publicity aren't we

And don't the DCAs and creditors look at AAD which means they too will see that the game is up
            Last edited by PlanB; 21 July 2012, 18:10. Reason: I meant HMCS not HMRC !!

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              I thought written judgments which are handed down were the property of HMRC and can be readily obtained for a fee without any copyright issues.

My point is why don't we keep splattering our watermarked versions of these two great cases all over the website in threads (when & where appropriate) to get the word out. At the moment they can only be viewed by members who sign in and not guests

We're missing a trick with free publicity aren't we

And don't the DCAs and creditors also look at AAD which means they will also see that the game is up
              If anyone wanted a copy then they can contact me

In any event you will be appearing on BAILII soon

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                I've posted on Fribourg's 'Unenforceable Diary' so even AAD members who don't have a Password to the Legal Protected Section can benefit from reading the judgment

Any reason why the Santander vs Mayhew judgment isn't posted in the Case Law section
                Because CAG wanted the judgment so we pdf'd it
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
                  No. BBC were issued a copy.

We pdf'd it at first to stop CAG copying it.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

But the situation remains that only AAD members who login can open and read the PDFs of both cases and not the whole wide world (I've just tried the one in FPs post on her M&S storecard thread) so Guests don't see the AAD watermark or get to download it and pass it around the net with our name blazened across it

I'm dead embarrassed about being taken to court for a debt and my friends in the media still keep laughing at me However I feel I owe it to the site to keep the flag flying - unlike another member

Comment

Nope, I've just logged out and gone back to AAD as a *Guest* and I can't open the watermarked PDFs of either case in the public forum posts (your M&S storecard and Fridbourg's UE Diary). When I click on the PDF symbol it says access denied and I have to login to see it

Comment

Guests cannot view attachments. They need to register.

I could make both visible to guests I suppose...?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Guests cannot view attachments. They need to register.

I could make both visible to guests I suppose...?
                          Brilliant if you could do that because we all know about these cases so it's time to get the word out and about to attract new members I'm told Twitter has its uses . . .

Comment

yeah and if it was viewable to guests in a separate area of forum then we could all FB it tweet it etc
                            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

I'll make our case law database (ie just the cases) public then including all attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                                If anyone wanted a copy then they can contact me

In any event you will be appearing on BAILII soon
                                Oh yes.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/14.html
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X