GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script [DISCONTINUED] - DC not mentioned in particulars of claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[DISCONTINUED] - DC not mentioned in particulars of claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DC not mentioned in particulars of claim yet Judge gives them a 2nd chance

Originally posted by Chole View Post
    Thanks for chiming in Niddy.

I think out of context can only be interpreted two ways depending on the viewpoint of the interpreter especially when it comes to the written word. It's either as expected or not.
    I will chime in. I'm the administrator

I think if I recall our Solicitor also advised that the comment could be taken out of context...... Good job we've got a good sense of humour on AAD.

Chole - I'm unsure as to why you are continuing this line. I've said it as it is and that's that. Closed.

I referred your case to our Solicitor who has been in touch. That's all any of us here can do (for now at least) so we can't be copied in or anything anymore. It's really for you and Joanna to discuss however you must join AAD+ in order to benefit from pro-bono / reduced legal rate. --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/aad-members.php

Jo will look after you now. Keep us updated on this thread please but in the main you'll only be emailing / speaking with Jo from now on.

Obviously keep this thread lively with updates and you'll still receive plenty of encouragement etc. but just be aware it is still public.

Good luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Chole has an update following some good news she received in the post this morning. Claim discontinued

Apparently the solicitor says "for economic reasons our client won't be pursuing this claim any further" aka

Well done Chole and well done Jo

Plan B x

Comment

Brilliant news!! Well done everyone and congratulations to Chole

Comment

Re: DC not mentioned in particulars of claim **Discontinued**

That's great news; once again the AAD legal team has helped to defeat a DCA.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Excellent news!

Though I wonder if they mean "we cant get any documents cos they have been destroyed!"
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done Chole, I love good news on AAD

If you have time in the next few days please could you leave feedback for Niddy and our team here ----- > Successes, Praise & Good News Stories then click on the --- > Online Feedback Facility it will then take you to the form to fill in (don't worry if you can't post links to your thread, leave that blank and we can fill that in later for you).

May I also ask another favour, if you feel comfortable and have a FB account, please can you leave AAD a review here too—---> https://www.facebook.com/allaboutDEBT/reviews.

Thank you and best wishes
              IF
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                Chole has an update following some good news she received in the post this morning. Claim discontinued

Apparently the solicitor says "for economic reasons our client won't be pursuing this claim any further" aka

Well done Chole and well done Jo

Plan B x
                in layman they don't fancy taking on AAD & Jo
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Xxx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

CONCLUDING UPDATE

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Good job we've got a good sense of humour on AAD.
                    Indeed especially Plan B and I

This forum, its humourous posts and knowledge helped me immensely when felt low.

Must say had a brief moment of doubt when read default notice not required though.

Other than that, even with the arrival of the so called Deeds of Assignment (yeh right), I had a feeling from the time I saw that the PofC had not being completed according to CPR rules; I had a winning case.

Just didn't know how to word it for a Judge to decide, so took to the internet.

And glad I did!

It dawned on me the reality of this though, when I went to the court in the Strand (London UK) to hand deliver my Witness Statements and was thinking "how the hell did I end up here? Only stars and big cases on the telly come here!" It is such a beautiful imposing building and the staff was very helpful. Not that that helped my frame of mind!

---

Moving on...

I do hate when reading a forum thread and left hanging (pun intended) because there's no final update posted. Therefore, for those following this thread, this is the final update and you'll find images of the desired docs of Discontinuance and their attempt to block the N244 appl below in a PDF.

When finished reading, you'll see that Plan B was informed correctly with her update on this case and thread. I had given her permission to do so on my behalf

Reason for delay with updating this thread (last time here was 12 Aug) is because I was informed may be able to claim costs and wanted to give a final post on this in complete detail. However, speaking with Jo this afternoon (had to wait for her to return from hols and connect again), she'd thought about it and I learnt their solicitor was crafty with their choice of day to throw in the towel (gave good notice) so not worth going for costs because could backfire on me.

So because only made aware of this final decision today is why there was a delay in getting back to you all.

BTW: Why they chose to discontinue, they never said, so hard to point to a specific gotcha.

---

Originally posted by IF
                    If you have time in the next few days please could you leave feedback for Niddy and our team
                    Considered done!

Originally posted by IF
                    May I also ask another favour, if you feel comfortable and have a FB account
                    Not poss as no FB - too much drama!

Prefer forums anyday

---

Well, thanks all for reading this long thread and the encouraging posters (too many to mention) and the thanks tags - was ALL welcomed and appreciated.

And if in a similar situation, wishing you successful case outcomes too!

Oh yes..

Here's a tip for you:

If submitting your Defence or Witness statements by email (yes it is acceptable - this DC solicitor accepted mine and the courts), the courts only print out the first 10 pages. I was told this info by a court representative, so was glad I took it by hand in addition to submitting online via email.

Betcha their solicitor wasn't too happy if rang court to double check innit?

Either way, I'm glad they were unable to profit from my distress nor tie up my credit file for another 6yrs making 12yrs in total

CONCLUDING SUMMARY TO THIS THREAD
                    ~ Default was entered on credit file 30 Jun 2009

~ Off 1 Jul 2015

~ Court claim issued Mar 2015 (one of the DC's letters stated 'doing it now to prevent it becoming Statue Barred'). This issuing stopped it from becoming SB, however, this forum knowledge halted their plans!!!

~ Court issued order that by 15 Jul 2015 show proof of their claim

~ Learnt on Wed 12 Aug that the hearing for Mon 17 Aug 2015 cancelled because discontinued

Before I go, hoping you learnt something from this thread and it gives you encouragement with your debt collector case!

Most of all keep your sense of humour whilst taking them on!

Chole
                    Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't give up on costs totally. An application is risky but i'd try a letter for sure. Works now and again.

Edit to suit.

Technically it should be an application but i'm not convince the odds of spending cash to ask are worth it. A letter MIGHT prevail but costs little. Normally small claims track costs are not allowed in these cases but 27.14 2 g can help with the right court/judge. It's worth asking.

"In the County Court at xxx

~~ To be put before procedural judge ~~

In the matter of

Claimant v XYZ
                      Claim Number XXX

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have been advised by the court on xxxxx that the listed hearing for this claim was vacated and I understand that this is due to the Claimant's discontinuance.

CPR r.38.6 states that the claimant is liable for the defendant's costs after discontinuance (r.38.6(1)) but that this does not apply to claims allocated to the small claims track (r.38.6(3)). However, the white book states (annotation 38.6.1): "Note that the normal rule as to costs does not apply if a claimant in a case allocated to the small claims track serves a notice of discontinuance although it might be contended that costs should be awarded if a party has behaved unreasonably (r.27.14(2)(d))." I believe it should actually refer to r.27.14(2)(g) as that is the rule which allows the court to award costs for unreasonable behaviour.

On this basis I would like to request a costs order to be made against the Claimant given that DEAL has behaved unreasonably by discontinuing this claim, and also by not submitting any evidence/witness statement in support of their claim other than their claim form, and by not serving me with a copy of their Directions Questionnaire contrary to the court order.

The Defendant had significant costs to prepare the Defence and prepare attendance of the hearing and the costs claimed are as follows:

(explain any expenses here).

Yours faithfully,

XYZ
                      Defendant"

This won't guarantee you anything but it is worth a shot, and as long as you're not taking the p##s with what you're claiming you may have a friendly judge who gives you a costs order.

£19 per hour.

M1

Comment

M1 - there's a solicitor involved. Chole wasn't LiP.

Comment

Re: CONCLUDING UPDATE

Originally posted by Chole View Post
                          Indeed especially Plan B and I

This forum, its humourous posts and knowledge helped me immensely when felt low.

. . . . When finished reading, you'll see that Plan B was informed correctly with her update on this case and thread. I had given her permission to do so on my behalf .

. . . . Most of all keep your sense of humour whilst taking them on!

Chole
                          You won. They lost when they were forced to surrender

I'm almost as happy as you are with the result.

Take care

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            M1 - there's a solicitor involved. Chole wasn't LiP.
                            It does say edit to suit

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                              It does say edit to suit

M1
                              Yea yea fair point I wasn't critisizing the letter (it's great) I was enquiring as to why write when there's a solicitor on record - maybe there isn't a solicitor on record? I dunno to be honest.

But great template for costs - cheers

Comment

It's hard for a solicitor to write what is essentially a begging letter although as we see in consumer matters some of them barley deserve the title.

M1

Comment

Working...
                                X