GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Email saying website hacked ? genuine - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email saying website hacked ? genuine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Email saying website hacked ? genuine

A friend of mine fell for the "Microsoft scam" You know "hello this is microsoft you have a problem with your PC, let me have remote access and I can fix it....

wiped her Hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
      A friend of mine fell for the "Microsoft scam" You know "hello this is microsoft you have a problem with your PC, let me have remote access and I can fix it....

wiped her Hard drive.
      If that was all, then she was lucky.

Could well have had data stolen, trojans etc installed and all sorts.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hmm had a few calls from the "microsoft" scam team....have no end of fun with em!

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
          Hmm had a few calls from the "microsoft" scam team....have no end of fun with em!
          Especially if you play dumb and let they try to get you to do things for 10-15 mins.

Tell them at the end. "Oh, I didn't I say. This computer runs linux".
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

latest one was "ohhhh computer...I thought you said toaster"

they soon hang up strangely after that

Comment

LOL My mom kept them on the phone for 25 min... LOL saying stuff like OMG I should pay for this service .... how much you want my card number?

Let me bake you a cake.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X