GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    strangely, since I ripped ears off in all directions yesterday, it hasn't dropped at all to-day, first time in ages................makes you wonder
    It does indeed.

Is it absolutely certain that those are the only possibilities? Have you tried -

Infinity Developments Network
    Voipfone
    Zen Internet?

Those are the only three good broadband providers in the UK, although they can only be as good as the infrastructure that they operate through.

I'm sure you have checked it out, but I have to ask just to be sure.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      strangely, since I ripped ears off in all directions yesterday, it hasn't dropped at all to-day, first time in ages................makes you wonder
      Yes it does make you wonder - problem is so much of the service provision is automated, that it takes the focus of a human being to put things right - I suspect you have that focus!

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
      Those are the only three good broadband providers in the UK, although they can only be as good as the infrastructure that they operate through.
      And this is the problem, because the majority of service providers have to operate on the infrastructure provided by the BT group of companies. I have used many different providers over the years since LLU was introduced and BT was forced to allow competition to use their network.

Whenever I have used another service provider I have always had problems, and it has usually been discovered to be a problem 'at the exchange', or a problem where the 3rd party ISP, for whatever reason has had its bandwidth throttled.

Move to BT and the service is almost always reliable, yet (possibly terminating equipment aside), its exactly the same infrastructure - go figure..........
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

fully functional engineer did indeed appear
        we are too far away from the exchange that's Ok then, can someone give me a hand to lift this house 4.5 miles and put it next door to the exhange..............
        point is the first year we had sky it was great absolutely no problems at all and err the house was in the same place
        so now they are replacing the router with a hub thingy

and he changed the wee white box thingy, to a screwed in one on the wall

hub has not arrived as promised and they are phoning at 11.00 am tomorrow to discuss compensation, quite looking forward to that...............

Scabhunter because of the exchange, we can only have BT, Sky or Talk Talk, it is old and they have no plans to upgrade to fiber

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhh broadband - don't get me fooking started on that subject. Over the last couple of years i have had a gutsfull of it both on a personal and business basis.

I was so pissed off in one place i worked, i made a spread sheet and documented all the grief, outcome, downtime etc and waited for the owner of the company to come in and put it to him who was so impressed that he agreed to a leased line i proposed.

the bottom line is BT are only (still) interested in comms for voice over copper. as for swopping providers - this won't help if the problem lies with the infrastructure (i.e from your socket to the exchange) which it sounds like may be the case for Niddy.

Have you considered satellite mate?
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X