GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ISP problems..... which way to go? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISP problems..... which way to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ISP problems..... which way to go?

I do indeed use a 3 dongle SH.

I've used it for close on 2 years now and generally without problems. Just occasionally I'll get a message from Firefox saying it can't find the server even though 3 still says it's connected. It's easily remedied by disconnecting and connecting again.

I'm puzzled by how much data I use though. I used to be able to be online for hours a day (literally all day...usually on here ) and my 3GB would last 6 weeks. Now it sometimes only lasts 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure if different browsers use different amounts as that's the only thing I can think of .
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: ISP problems..... which way to go?

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
      I've just looked at BT Openzone, and it only gives you 4000 minutes within the thirty days. If you were going to be online for eight hours a day, that would mean you would only get just over eight days before it ran out.

It all depends on your needs, of course. For me it would be utterly useless as I'm online for about 15-16 hours every day. I wouldn't even get five days out of it! For occasional use it might be OK, but it is expensive for what it is.

If you're going to pay £39 a month for something, please make sure it is going to be good enough to do what you need.

SH
      She's not online that much SH, so it should all be ok.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've been battling ISP problems lately, quite the rollercoaster. Mid-video conference for work, internet drops - like a horror movie. After endless calls to support, I switched ISPs on a friend's advice. Now, stable and lightning-fast internet! No more interruptions while I watch UPtv. If you're facing similar issues, explore your options. Don't settle for subpar service. Trust me, the switch is worth it. Keep streaming, stay connected, and watch UPtv hassle-free!

Comment

Working...
        X