GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problems with a onestream broadband renewal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with a onestream broadband renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with a onestream broadband renewal

Hello
    I recently cancelled my subscription with onestream. After a phone call with them I decided to renew as it wasn't a bad price and the service was fairly stable.
    They told me the service would continue as normal and I did not need to do anything else.
    They subsequently cut me off on the old cancellation date
    I have been in touch with them and they tell me they are starting an investigation
    What I need to know is, how long do I have to be without a service before I can withdraw from the contract as they are not meeting the terms
    Is there a statutory minimum
    I am over the cooling off period

Do you have a connection date for your new service in writing?

How long have you now been without broadband? Is this your phone as well?

Are you, or any member of your household vulnerable? BT cut my mother off by mistake but we got a basic phone line up and running because she was older.

Comment

Hello
      Thanks for replying
      There is no new date given
      There was no indication given that there would be a break in service
      The renewal was agreed 3 weeks before the cut off date
      I have now sent a complaint informing them they are in breach of contract and they have untill Tuesday midnight to get it up and running or the contract is at an end

Comment

I think giving them notice to fix it is the right thing to do. If less than a week is enough , of that I’m not sure.

It seems when utility companies get it wrong they do get it very wrong. My poor Mum was on a temporary phone number for about two weeks- did get some compensation though.

Comment

Thanks for replying
          I will probably give it another couple of days
          Basically I am just trying to get a response out of them.
          At the end of the day I accepted the renewal on the 13th of June
          So it's not like they haven't had enough time to sort it out

Comment

Working...
          X