GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Withheld numbers query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Withheld numbers query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Withheld numbers query

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    ---> CPR Call Blocker

Not the best piece of equipment, if you're gonna spend £60 you may as well spend £40 more and get TruCall
    Your right, idealy TruCall is the better option.

You can get CPR Call Blocker on Ebay for 35.99 though.

Trouble is as i work from home i have two phone lines, id rather spend £72 on two, that £200.

If anyone is feeling generous, they could always buy me a TruCall lol. (I can hope!)

EDIT: Niddy, i just noticed an old cached forum post about Truecall, did you ever managed to get discounted prices for AAD members?
    Last edited by SXGuy; 25 February 2012, 11:35.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      You can get CPR Call Blocker on Ebay for 35.99 though.
      WOW! So assuming after 3-4 years, it'll start to die - well our service is better then cos that's only a tenner a year to you guys (but I'll give a load away as well as part of ongoing mini-competitions etc)!

---> allaboutDEBT | Member Offers | Have your own Dedicated Phone Number & Unlimited Alerts to Stop Unwanted Creditor Hassle!

For people with more than one number, easy - we can accommodate upto 26 numbers per customer before you'll see any teething issues within your account (we decided nobody would ever want more than 26)

EDIT: Niddy, i just noticed an old cached forum post about Truecall, did you ever managed to get discounted prices for AAD members?
      Nope, we instead bought a few thousand exclusive numbers, and a few registered addresses and various other bits so that we can assist users here by stopping all calls, letters and faxes ever getting through to them

All explained here: ---> allaboutDEBT | Choose2Refuse Member Offers | Have your own Dedicated Phone Number, Fax Number & Address
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers mate!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thought I fixed my dodgy answer-machine

Was in the shower, heard phone ring, and the damn thing didnt kick in!!!

Checked 1471 and again "witheld" naughty people lol.

Comment

...........I mean naughty phone!

Comment

Di, maybe you should invest in a phone with caller id, i bet these 1471 calls are costing you a small fortune.

Most phones save upto 30 last numbers, way cheaper in the long run.

Comment

Di, maybe you should invest in a phone with caller id, i bet these 1471 calls are costing you a small fortune.

Most phones save upto 30 last numbers, way cheaper in the long run.

Cheers for that, yes think I will have to.

I thought though 1471 redialling was free?

Sounds good up to 30 last numbers, will have to look into that, thank you.

Comment

http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...?topicId=25504

BT calling Features etc.

I do not press into number 3, to return the call, because I know that can charge you.
                  I will just call back the number by redialling, as I have unlimited free calls package through my broadband provider, but use BT for my line.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                    1471 is free,
                    How is it, then, that BT charges me 3/5d each time?

Comment

No calls today! typical when I've been in more or less all day!

Comment

Typical, my answer-phone fully working now and I popped down to post office, got my key in the door and could hear phone ringing, answer machine kicked in as I was about to pick it up and they did not bother to leave a message!!

Again- witheld.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Typical, my answer-phone fully working now and I popped down to post office, got my key in the door and could hear phone ringing, answer machine kicked in as I was about to pick it up and they did not bother to leave a message!!

Again- witheld.
                          They'd probably got the wrong number and thought they'd dialled the local knocking shop.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            They'd probably got the wrong number and thought they'd dialled the local knocking shop.

LOL, trust you

Comment

Still waiting to hear from HMRC via CHB and Tax Credits, but I assume if they ring they will leave a message for me to ring them back?
                              Unless they are not allowed to do this?? (I'm sure these are witheld).

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                                Still waiting to hear from HMRC via CHB and Tax Credits, but I assume if they ring they will leave a message for me to ring them back?
                                Unless they are not allowed to do this?? (I'm sure these are witheld).
                                Why not call or email them?

Comment

Working...
                                X