GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Home recording Voice/accoustic - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home recording Voice/accoustic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home recording Voice/accoustic

I hate it when that happens.
    No she doesn't need to read or write music to use the software. Cubase or Pro tools are good, but at a cost.
    She could have a play with free Audacity to get the idea.
    It's just visual soundwaves. She could import any song from t'internet and play around with editing it with the graphic equaliser, sound effects, cutting and clipping etc.
    Most of them work on similar principles. (Ignore the language the one I linked is in English LOL)

Comment

Thanks Elsa but I meant I think you have to read music to use the software clever clogs was talking about here I think you write out the music and it's plays it...very clever. I'll get her to look at Audacity thanks

"With a notation program, one could enter a score, produce a MIDI file and then play that through another program (or an external box) to convert it into sound. Thus, one could add backing tracks to one's music at no cost...

Noteworthy Composer (link) is reasonably inexpensive and isn't too bad, but Sibelius is better which, as it costs over twice as much even in the 'schools' package, it ruddy well ought to be! For example, Sibelius (link) can handle heptupulets (seven notes in the space of one crotchet) whereas Noteworthy cannot - one hasto fiddle the note lengths to get them to fit, then tell the program that it's a triplet."

Comment

Would this do the job do you think i.e would the mixer be the audio interface ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Behringer-...item4ae55e9a7a

or this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focusrite-...item487a04ec76

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Does she play by ear?
          Originally posted by lookingforward View Post
          Hi CC, yes by ear,
          That must be something to behold, as most people play a piano using their fingers.

Piano: n. An instrument of torture, operated by depressing the keys of the instrument and the spirits of the listeners.

I'm assuming those other programs require you to write music. Wish I could read, I did try when I was younger but didn't have the time really between work and playing (that was my excuse)
          Well, yes and no; I cannot read music properly, but I have used Noteworthy to copy a printed score which I have then used to create a MIDI file and subsequently a WAV file which I recorded on a CD. It shouldn't be too difficult to take a drum beat or some other track from a popular beat music hit and then play around with it in Noteworthy to get a backing track one likes.

The great thing about Noteworthy is that it is a notation program, so it is easy to save each stage of one's experiments.

Comment

That must be something to behold, as most people play a piano using their fingers.

Piano: n. An instrument of torture, operated by depressing the keys of the instrument and the spirits of the listeners.

Well, yes and no; I cannot read music properly, but I have used Noteworthy to copy a printed score which I have then used to create a MIDI file and subsequently a WAV file which I recorded on a CD. It shouldn't be too difficult to take a drum beat or some other track from a popular beat music hit and then play around with it in Noteworthy to get a backing track one likes.

The great thing about Noteworthy is that it is a notation program, so it is easy to save each stage of one's experiments.
            Piano needs tuning so torture is very apt

I'll have a look in detail at noteworthy thx

Comment

Piano needs tuning
              Do you have a tuning fork?

This one is marked 440 (Hertz) for the A above middle C which is International Standard Pitch.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_pitch

Click image for larger version

Name:	tuning_fork_rot.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1407302
              Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 24 February 2015, 15:22. Reason: Fixing error of which A is 440 Hz.

Comment

Would this do the job do you think i.e would the mixer be the audio interface ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Behringer-...item4ae55e9a7a

or this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focusrite-...item487a04ec76

Thx
                The Behringer setup would still need either a recording device or an audio interface to get it onto the computer, plus software to process it. Behringer stuff is not great on quality/reliability - we bought a Behringer powered mixing desk a few years ago and had to take it back and exchange it for a Yamaha desk.

However, the Focusrite bundle looks perfect!
                It would connect straight to the laptop as it's an audio interface similar to the M Box mini but not as pricey and has it's own software which I think is more user friendly than the
                Pro Tools software which comes with the M Box range. That can be hard to learn, and has a unique usb key system which can be a pain.

I showed my son the link and he said Focusrite has a good reputation for reliability, and that's a good deal in that price range. He said it would be ideal.

I found this youtube vid of Ryan Keen using one:

Comment

Do you have a tuning fork?

This one is marked 440 (Hertz) for middle A - A4, or the A below middle C which is International Standard Pitch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16772[/ATTACH]

Hi,

Yes I have a tuning fork but not the correct equipment to tune the piano

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                  The Behringer setup would still need either a recording device or an audio interface to get it onto the computer, plus software to process it. Behringer stuff is not great on quality/reliability - we bought a Behringer powered mixing desk a few years ago and had to take it back and exchange it for a Yamaha desk.

However, the Focusrite bundle looks perfect!
                  It would connect straight to the laptop as it's an audio interface similar to the M Box mini but not as pricey and has it's own software which I think is more user friendly than the
                  Pro Tools software which comes with the M Box range. That can be hard to learn, and has a unique usb key system which can be a pain.

I showed my son the link and he said Focusrite has a good reputation for reliability, and that's a good deal in that price range. He said it would be ideal.

I found this youtube vid of Ryan Keen using one:

He's good isn't he :-)

Ordered it, bit more money but worth it, thanks everyone for the help

Comment

Excellent! Your daughter will have a lot of fun with that

Comment

She'd have even more fun trying to get a tuning fork like this one:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Makes me cross eyed just looking at it

Comment

me too haha

Comment

Working...
                          X