GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Apple 'Experiments With' Watch-Style Devices - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple 'Experiments With' Watch-Style Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple 'Experiments With' Watch-Style Devices

The US tech giant is experimenting with watch-style devices with similar functions to smartphones, according to media reports.

Apple has discussed developing devices that are like wristwatches but operate on its iOS platform, two newspapers have claimed. The watch-style products would be made from curved glass, according to the New York Times, which cites unnamed sources "familiar with the company's explorations". They would use Apple's iOS platform - the basis of its iPhones, iPads and iPods - and could be used to make mobile payments through the company's Passbook software, the newspaper said. Richard Nunn, a digital media analyst at stockbrokers Charles Stanley, said talks of a watch by Apple did not come as a surprise. "It would fit well with what Apple is about - finding disruptive, new devices that can go global and be volume based," he told Sky News. "A so-called iWatch would not be a radical departure from Appleā€™s core technologies. "It could include GPS, music, mobile and payment functions which Apple has already developed." He added that it would most likely be a "volume-play" product for the company - low-priced and aimed at the mass market. According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple is in talks with its major manufacturing partner Foxconn over a watch-style device ..........Read more here
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X