GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unlock a Blackberry - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlock a Blackberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unlock a Blackberry

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
    Thanks s2m,

I need to change the screen as well, so I will take it somewhere. I think that someone had tried before to unlock it, although it was new when I was given it at work.
    your welcome, just one thing though , before you pay for the screen to be fixed let someone check first that the phone hasen't been locked down by the network because if it was a contract phone then it may have been locked down and you don't want to waste money on a new screen only to find out that the phone is locked down , and if its locked down it is ilegal to get it unlocked and anyone who does this is risking a huge fine and a prison sentence

If it is locked down and you still work for the company who gave you the phone , you can phone the network who the contract was with and ask them unlock it they may do it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
      your welcome, just one thing though , before you pay for the screen to be fixed let someone check first that the phone hasen't been locked down by the network because if it was a contract phone then it may have been locked down and you don't want to waste money on a new screen only to find out that the phone is locked down , and if its locked down it is ilegal to get it unlocked and anyone who does this is risking a huge fine and a prison sentence

If it is locked down and you still work for the company who gave you the phone , you can phone the network who the contract was with and ask them unlock it they may do it for you
      Thanks again s2m,

The company that I worked for no longer exists. They gave me the phone when I was made redundant. T Mobile sent a PAC code, but this was to continue with T Mobile.

Not sure how I can tell if it is Locked Down.

Vint

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        I presume it would be the person doing the unlocking who would get fined and imprisoned not the 'customer'. In Camden Market (London) it only costs £15 (cash obviously) to get a phone unlocked

Am I going to be sent to jail for using this helpful service

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          I presume it would be the person doing the unlocking who would get fined and imprisoned not the 'customer'. In Camden Market (London) it only costs £15 (cash obviously) to get a phone unlocked

Am I going to be sent to jail for using this helpful service
          It's the nick for you PlanB. Take yourself off there now.

Comment

It's the nick for you PlanB. Take yourself off there now.
            and do not pass go.............
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Strange thing is that it now shows O2 network in properties, not T Mobile

Comment

Thanks again s2m,

The company that I worked for no longer exists. They gave me the phone when I was made redundant. T Mobile sent a PAC code, but this was to continue with T Mobile.

Not sure how I can tell if it is Locked Down.

Vint
                put a sim with a bit of credit on it and try to make a call, if it won't call out then its blocked by the network .
                Last edited by Spent2much; 16 August 2012, 09:43.

Comment

Strange thing is that it now shows O2 network in properties, not T Mobile
                  try an o2 sim card and see if it calls out .

Comment

I have my O2 contract sim installed. It just shows invalid sim card and wont dial out.

Still asks for a code for the sim, but if you click yes, it just ignores it.

I think when I tried it some months ago, I was trying to put the O2 code in. That is why there were only a few attempts left.

Is there any software available to reset the phone.

Comment

I have my O2 contract sim installed. It just shows invalid sim card and wont dial out.

Still asks for a code for the sim, but if you click yes, it just ignores it.

I think when I tried it some months ago, I was trying to put the O2 code in. That is why there were only a few attempts left.

Is there any software available to reset the phone.

hubby said try a virgin sim if you havee one , if you can't dial out thn its locked down and the phone is useless sorry

Comment

Working...
                      X