GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script VoiP phone and PC set up - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VoiP phone and PC set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VoiP phone and PC set up

Originally posted by stevieb View Post
    Herein lies your problem!

now kiddies this is why you should all be running a linux router with traffic shaping implemented.

default priorities would be VPN - PC (downloads "TUT" etc) - Phone

under the VPN you can change the settings to lower the bandwidth used for that, IE bring just the 'icons', through as opposed to the 2048*1076 background image from the remote desktop etc etc.

setup a 'capped' download limit on the PC so it will not download at anything faster than say *1mb a second*

failing that follow Rizzle's suggestion on the link

or get a faster broadband connection lol

Now how do I do the things highlighted in red, please? I didn't set up the VPN, our computer "expert" did (I say that lightly, cos I wonder whether I know more about pc's than he does sometimes!), so I'm not sure how I get to the settings to set up a capped limit etc.

I'm on Windows 7 if that helps?

Thanks for dropping by stevie - most grateful.

PS. I reset my router earlier cos I couldn't log on to the IP of it, and lost all broadband connectivity. I shit myself!!! Got it back now though, phew! The kindly supplied instructions from riz's link don't match what comes up on my wizard, so I don't wanna play with the router for now, in case I break it again..... well, I am a bird!
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
      The kindly supplied instructions from riz's link don't match what comes up on my wizard, so I don't wanna play with the router for now, in case I break it again..... well, I am a bird!
      Not too surprising, as that was a link that came up from a quick Google.

And is more imprtantly, for a different model router than yours.

I was more suggesting that there might be something similar to that for yours. Not exactly the same.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks riz, I did try and search for similar instructions pertaining to my own model, but without success, sadly. I am most grateful for our input
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X