GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script LCD TV - Samsung - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LCD TV - Samsung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD TV - Samsung

I have a samsung LCD tv. A few weeks ago I was watching a DVD and noticed a black "frame" if you like within the tv (on the screen) I thought this was the film, and hadnt noticed it before - but it has just come to my attention now.

Now this might sound a stupid question, but - has it always been there? IS it supposed to be there.

Its starting to get annoying now I know it is there cos it keeps catching my eye when trying to watch tele, and all I can see (well not all - but thats what I am paying attention to) is this frame/box (sort of like a noughts and crosses box with a very big middle box)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: LCD TV - Samsung

Like this mate: ---> http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-361102.html

Try doing a google search for samsung tv has shadow box on screen
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Not really mate.

Think of it like this. Take an A4 piece of paper - this is your "viewable screen" - now, say about 1/8" from the edge of all sides, draw a black line straight down / across. So basically, you have a box, within the screen, with a very thin edge of a picture the other side of the lines/box
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        Not really mate.

Think of it like this. Take an A4 piece of paper - this is your "viewable screen" - now, say about 1/8" from the edge of all sides, draw a black line straight down / across. So basically, you have a box, within the screen, with a very thin edge of a picture the other side of the lines/box
        Yea, so do a google search! Have you rung Samsung, they are good at helping with things like that mate.....

Or try this: ---> http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tr...gGuidesMain.do
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Not much point to be honest ... one of the pixels has gone, and is firing a green light done the right hand side of the telly - so going to call insurance people out on Monday to take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
            Not much point to be honest ... one of the pixels has gone, and is firing a green light done the right hand side of the telly - so going to call insurance people out on Monday to take a look.
            May be an idea to ahem (drop it) first

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Rather than getting the cat to pee down the back?

Comment

Hi Oscar,

If it were me, I'd take a 'dated' photo of it, if it needs to be taken away for repair, especially if the insurance cover is via a big retail company.
                It has been alleged that tv's are not treated with the best of care, & you might need proof that you did not 'abuse' it!!

Comment

And hopefully you don't "drop" it on an old dvd or bluray player that you might want replaced I done that once while moving a TV, silly me
                  I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by billypre View Post
                    And hopefully you don't "drop" it on an old dvd or bluray player that you might want replaced I done that once while moving a TV, silly me
                    You old butterfingers, you! lol

Comment

Originally posted by billypre View Post
                      Best way to do it is to actually drop the TV at an angle so that it smashes into the whole corner (assuming you keep your home entertainment in a corner) - that wipes the lot out and smashes the TV to bits!

Usually works a treat when you send in a photo of the bomb site

remember though, most insurers now use that lie-detector voice recognition thingy!

Comment

remember though, most insurers now use that lie-detector voice recognition thingy!
                        Apparently, that system was developed by an Israeli company. Did they test it on their politicians?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          Apparently, that system was developed by an Israeli company. Did they test it on their politicians?
                          Nah, they used it on Tamir Pardo!

Comment

Working...
                          X