GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sky Sport and BT Sort - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sky Sport and BT Sort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sky Sport and BT Sort

Pretty damm shite and on a par to what I was getting with BT

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Look again at what is connected though mate
      That's nothing

3 iPhones
      2 iPads
      2 routers leading to smart tv, blu ray, sky+, Samsung anytime & headphones
      4 laptops
      1 pc

That's a list lol
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        My sky - on wireless phone

[ATTACH]8864[/ATTACH]
        How can you get a speed that fast?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          That's nothing

3 iPhones
          2 iPads
          2 routers leading to smart tv, blu ray, sky+, Samsung anytime & headphones
          4 laptops
          1 pc

That's a list lol
          Are you close to an exchange?

Comment

How can you get a speed that fast?
            It's slowed down. It was at 20+ on the speed test thread.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Are you close to an exchange?
              Top of my street

Comment

Mine is half a mile away

Comment

Look again at what is connected though mate
                  How many devices are connected is neither here nor there in most cases. It's how many open connections and their bandwidth usage that counts.

You can have 10 devices connected that are doing bugger all, and the 11th will be able to operate with pretty much the full bandwidth.

Or you can have one singe device using too many simultaneous tcp/ip/udp connections, which kills the bandwidth for anything else.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Current iphone test (wireless via router into smart tv). Notice the earlier one - was at end of garden with that (today's date)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1394556

Comment

Mine is half a mile away
                      If that is true, then you something like a seriously shitty line. Mine is about 1km away.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Are you using Wireless N or G Niddy as I have an N router now and wondering if it was worth it upgrading the network cards to N?

Comment

I know some of the wiring inside the house is crap in that the insulation on the cables are wearing away.

Comment

Are you using Wireless N or G Niddy as I have an N router now and wondering if it was worth it upgrading the network cards to N?
                            If your router is N, and your network cards are G, it will be as slow as G.

Best to upgrade to N, makes a lot of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              If your router is N, and your network cards are G, it will be as slow as G.

Best to upgrade to N, makes a lot of difference.
                              Thought that would be the case, Novatech is not far from me so ill scoot down there soon as I have a bit of spare cash.

Comment

Working...
                              X