GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script British Gas Late Payments affecting Mortgage! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Gas Late Payments affecting Mortgage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Gas Late Payments affecting Mortgage!

8th July:Forum News Headlines:

British Gas increases gas and electricity bills & contact details
    Forum Linky: HERE
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya

Based on your recent email as shown below, I now suggest you send the following letter off - this time send it to both chris.jansen@britishgas.co.uk & sara.richardson@britishgas.co.uk

That way they both know what's going on yea?

Your email was as follows:
      Dear XXXXXXXX
      I sent a letter dated 05/07/2011 to you but I have not had a response. I have details to state that you have contacted us again 29/07/2011 but the email is a copy of the first one that you sent to us dated 27/06/2011.

I have attached a copy of the letter I sent 05/07/2011 for your information. Please respond directly to myself as I am dealing with your enquiry. If I have not heard from you by 09/08/2011 I will assume that you no longer have any questions or concerns.

Yours Sincerely

------------------------------------------------------
      Dear British Gas,

Ref: XXXXXXXX

I with reference to previous correspondence, which seems to be getting ignored, so this letter is my final attempt for resolution prior to my seeking clarity from both the Energy Ombudsman and the Information Commissioner for your repeated and clear breaches.

I clearly stated in my first letter what the problems were, I went into enough detail to afford you the opportunity to properly and fully investigate my claims, yet you seem too torn on your own arrogance that I have went above your head to the top - the reason I did this is because in two responses from you now, you've failed, on both occasions, to address any of my concerns. You keep rattling on about the Ombudsman stated you are allowed to register info with the CRA's - I have never disputed this, what I do dispute however, is my lack of acknowledgement let alone agreement to you being allowed to do this. I never ever gave my authority to share information and I have already put you to strict proof regards this - show me the agreement with my signature on it?

For the record, it is not the position of your regulator or Ombudsman to advise if you're eligible to post details of accounts to the CRA's - it is up to the customer who would need to give you clear permission, usually by way of signing an agreement.

I have asked for this agreement bearing any signature of mine, but you fail to acknowledge this request as we both know it does not exist as I never gave any such authority and therefore you are in direct breach of varying DPA (1998) principles let alone the breaches within your own regulatory framework, which will also be rigorously pursued.

I therefore, again, send a copy of my previous letter, attached to the base of this letter, to your Chief Exec, not only will it show him that you do not listen to your customers, but it will also enlighten him to your attitude and severe lack of customer service skills. For the record, if you dare to use such language (in that same tone/context) again I will take this a lot further, who the hell do you think you are speaking to? I am allowed, as my right as a consumer, to contact whomever I so wish in respect of my complaint, I strongly urge you to pass this matter over to someone more qualified and experienced than yourself, as you seem to miss the basic principles in customer service. You cannot dictate to a complainant whom they must deal with - are you living in the 80's?

I expect this matter to be dealt with, satisfactory, with a suitable offer of recompense as my next course of action will be the national press, tv and the regulatory bodies.

Yours faithfully

Sign Digitally Here

--------------------------------------

Original complaint detailed below:

I am writing regards to some erroneous entries that have suddenly appeared on my credit file, and wish to dispute them in totality.

I joined British Gas back in 2009 after a salesman visited me at home, however as I was unsure at the time I took the details and then telephoned shortly afterwards to switch from my current provider to British Gas. At no point was I informed that you were planning on sharing my personal data, similarly, I had never agreed to such either. Had you informed me of this 'little' fact then you'd never have got my business in the first place.

I understand you will try and make incorrect claims about the fact that I consented in my contract with you to the disclosure by you of certain data to third parties, however to be crystal clear, this is not the facts at all. At no time did I consent and neither was it within the contemplation of the parties to the contract that I did consent to the processing by you of that data, in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate or which in any way would breach The Data Protection Act 1998.

Therefore, take notice that I require you cease from processing my personal data and arrange for any historical data to be removed from the credit reference agencies within 14 days from the date of this letter. I have never given you authority to share my personal data, other than to fairly process it within the normal remit of conducting my account within my capacity as a British Gas customer. I have never authorised you to process any personal data with third parties, certainly not credit reference agencies. Tell me, why would I choose British Gas when you're the only energy firm that does this, if I'd known about it at the time? Quite simply, I did not and therefore believe that British Gas are in direct contravention of the Data Protection Act.

Unless you arrange to remove all the historical data from the credit reference agencies and agree to some form of suitable compensation for my troubles and distress, then I'll not only report you to the ICO for your breaches but I shall also look to contact Watchdog as they have previously mentioned the way in which you unlawfully changed contracts to include elements about sharing personal data, however unfortunately you do not have a god-given right to do this - you need your customer to agree in advance.

If as a result of my s.10 Cease & Desist processing my personal data demand it means I can longer use British Gas, then fine - please write and confirm as much and I shall arrange the immediate transfer to another MOP.

I am also considering legal action against you, so please do not force my hand into starting such action as it will also be brought to the courts attention that I have tried to explain things to you thus any rebuff by British Gas will be classed as vexatious and wasting the courts time by abusing the processes when you know you have no real case to answer.

However, if you can provide me a taped recording or a signature on an agreement that confirms I was happy to share my personal data, then please be so kind as to furnish me with a copy. If you force me to utilise s.7 DPA (1998) then I will also reclaim the £10 SAR fee from you as part of any claim against you.

Please note this is not a request but a demand to cease processing my personal data, effective immediately, and also to remove all historical data from my credit files.

Further, I understand your regulator is investigating the ways in which you suddenly started reporting against private and personal data, so a formal complaint will also be forthcoming to them should you not satisfactory deal with my simple request.

This notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which may already have been caused and that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate the fourth, first and sixth principles of The Data Protection Act 1998 to do so would be unwarranted.

I therefore look forward to confirmation that you've sorted the above, and removed all unlawful data from all third party unauthorised companies, within the next 14 days.
      ------------------------------------------------------

Whatever you do, do not sign in your real handwriting as they may try and copy/paste it! Send this via email to the addresses at the top of my message....

Best of luck, keep us updated.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Any update since our last emails?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Any update since our last emails?
          Yo! Pinkfluff - any news?

Comment

Hi,

Exactly the same has happened to me, British Gas have lied and thats only the start. How did you get on complaining to them??????

Comment

Originally posted by rachelle View Post
              Hi,

Exactly the same has happened to me, British Gas have lied and thats only the start. How did you get on complaining to them??????
              we email their CEO....... read back in this thread and you'll get the info necessary

Comment

janette.pincott@britishgas.co.uk

email her.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                  who is she? I use these guys...

Hiya

Based on your recent email as shown below, I now suggest you send the following letter off - this time send it to both chris.jansen@britishgas.co.uk & sara.richardson@britishgas.co.uk

That way they both know what's going on yea?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have taken my complaint to Andy Eley although he actually has nothing to do with the complaints, his team do. I really dont know where to go for some sensible advie????

Comment

Originally posted by rachelle View Post
                      Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have taken my complaint to Andy Eley although he actually has nothing to do with the complaints, his team do. I really dont know where to go for some sensible advie????
                      read page 1 on here, I wrote a huge complaint, that spells out the main gist - maybe if you tell us your story we can offer more specific help....

Comment

Ok, last year my husband decided to put the gas and electric bills into my name in JUne as he had plans to leave. He has paid these bills for 12 years. I knew nothing of this until December when British Gas decided to welcome me as a new customer 7 months late. I began contacting them and each time I was fobbed off and lied to. I was asked to sent proof he owned half the house and then told me that wouldnt help and wasnt needed. I made an official complaint in March. I received a letter from them on the 22nd May to appologise for misunderstanding the work I had asked them to carry out. Its quite simple.. why was the account put into my name without my permission and why did it take 7 months to tell me??????????? I was told that the work would be carried out and monitored. During this time the debt fo £430.00 was sent to a debt company without any conclusion. They sent my delighful husband a bill for the amount but never me. I contacted them with a new address for him and told them I was not happy about this and wanted British gas to conclude my complaint. I then received a letter regarding my complaint saying everything on the account was on hold and it could take some time to look into with British gas, another letter received 2 months later saying the same. I thought at last they are dealing with it but no British gas had put 8 late and missed payments on my credit file. We have been long term customers and never had a late or missed payment. Spoke to someone in their credit reference dept who said we had been treated terrible and she would have the markers taken off and call me by the end of the day. Suprise suprise no call, they dont know who she is and where she works. They said they would listen to the call as its all taped but....... cant trace the call. The story goes on.. I have suffered years of domestic and last year physical abuse and was left with a house and huge mortgage. Ive managed to sell and to my utter suprise was refused twice for a mortgage. I wonder why??????? British Gas, my credit file is exellent normally. I have a small child and in 4 weeks time have nowhere to live. I have 8 different account numbers, still getting welcome letters for Terry and 4 for the houseowner with no account number. Any suggestion?????

Comment

Niddy she is Chris's PA. I have always used her but feel free to just use Niddys peeps

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                            Niddy she is Chris's PA. I have always used her but feel free to just use Niddys peeps
                            Thanks, never knew that - I usually deal with the organ grinder

But yea, she's handy too....

Comment

Thanks, never knew that - I usually deal with the organ grinder

But yea, she's handy too....
                              She helped me.

Comment

Working...
                              X