GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script British Gas making me Ill please help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Gas making me Ill please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Gas making me Ill please help

I was going to give the lady from the executive office a call on the number in the email and go over things again with her? Would you recommend just leaving it until I get a reply?
    Thanks again

Comment

don't discuss anything on the phone unless you can record the call, as you can see from the email; *I cannot trace the calls you made*, *some one gave you incorrect advice* they are able to back track with out anything you could prove, sorry ,but they will try and convince you you are wrong.
      just wait for now please x
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

just so you see how they work
        I have been with BG for years, for the last 4 years my payments have been the same every month £38, £456 for the year
        I send my reading online by the 1st of the month,last month I was in credit by £60 so they refunded it. I then checked my bill online and found that they wanted to increase my payment to £76 a month, meaning a payment of £912 over the year so I rang them,
        short story of the explanation I got was," because you were in credit we had to give you a refund, this means it will alter your payments as there could be a short fall and you may owe us more at the end of the 12 month period"how do you work that out? "this is based on the readings you have given us this year and we do a predictive bill" so you are predicting I will use double the gas i've used this year? " yes" well I don't know which clairvoyant you have used getting that figure but you need a refund from them, My online bill states quite clearly at the bottom that my predicted usage will be £460 based on my given readings for the year, which means that I may owe you 0.33333333 per month, so I suggest you DO NOT change my DD payment or I predict I will go else where," but there may be a short fall and you will have to pay extra at the end of the term" I doubt it will be a £460 short fall, now please send me a confirmation email that you are leaving my payments the same at £38 per month.which they have.
        so based on their logic, because i was in credit (I was every year) and they gave me back £60 I then needed to pay them £76 to make sure i was in credit next year and they could get the interest on an extra £400 I would of over paid. numptys
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Its not just BG that do this, we are with First Utility, and every year, they try to reduce our direct debit because we are in credit. This would be fine if it happens in the winter, but its usually during the summer. Every year we have to telephone them and ask to not lower our direct debit, because come winter, that credit will be used up on extra gas used to heat the home.

I think I read somewhere that gas companies have been shouted at for keeping large credits in customer accounts and have been forced to refund them, however, they all seem to lack the ability to predict what will happen 6 months down the line, when its winter and more gas is used.

Comment

RESULT!!!

I'm so happy, the missed payment markers are being removed.
            this website is amazing, to think that these markers would be on my file for 6 years if I hadn't had such brilliant advice from you all.
            You are truly wonderful people.
            Thanks again

Dear Miss

Thank you for your email dated 16th November 2014 addressed to our managing director, Chris Weston. As part of the executive team I’ve been asked to address your concerns and respond to you personally.

I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’ve experienced regarding the outstanding balance on your closed electricity account.

Having thoroughly reviewed the details of your complaint, I am happy to arrange removal of the negative markers on your credit file, once full payment for the balance has been received. I will also honour the £50 goodwill gesture you have been offered, just let me know if you would like this sent to you as a cheque, or applied to the account to reduce the outstanding balance. If you’re happy to accept this proposal as a resolution to your complaint, please let me know of a suitable date and time I can call you, and the number on which I can reach you, in order to take the payment. If you’d like to make payment via an alternative method such as cheque, telephone or internet banking, please let me know and I will monitor the account to ensure payment is received.

Please contact me by 2nd December 2014. I can be reached either via reply email, or by calling me on 0800 294 3127. If I’ve not heard from you by this date, arrangements will be made for your complaint to be closed.

Comment

Congratulations :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Laurajemac View Post
                RESULT!!!

I'm so happy, the missed payment markers are being removed.
                this website is amazing, to think that these markers would be on my file for 6 years if I hadn't had such brilliant advice from you all.
                You are truly wonderful people.
                Thanks again

Dear Miss

Thank you for your email dated 16th November 2014 addressed to our managing director, Chris Weston. As part of the executive team I’ve been asked to address your concerns and respond to you personally.

I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’ve experienced regarding the outstanding balance on your closed electricity account.

Having thoroughly reviewed the details of your complaint, I am happy to arrange removal of the negative markers on your credit file, once full payment for the balance has been received. I will also honour the £50 goodwill gesture you have been offered, just let me know if you would like this sent to you as a cheque, or applied to the account to reduce the outstanding balance. If you’re happy to accept this proposal as a resolution to your complaint, please let me know of a suitable date and time I can call you, and the number on which I can reach you, in order to take the payment. If you’d like to make payment via an alternative method such as cheque, telephone or internet banking, please let me know and I will monitor the account to ensure payment is received.

Please contact me by 2nd December 2014. I can be reached either via reply email, or by calling me on 0800 294 3127. If I’ve not heard from you by this date, arrangements will be made for your complaint to be closed.
                Brilliant. I'm glad we helped.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

YESSSSS

Comment

Working...
                  X