GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script British Gas have ruined my Credit file - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Gas have ruined my Credit file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Gas have ruined my Credit file

Hi PaulP and welcome to AAD. Your welcome thread is here ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...178#post574178

As you seem to be going round in circles with British Gas and the CRAs why don't you email the ceo of British Gas (Residential Energy)? ---> Sarwjit.Sambhi@britishgas.co.uk
    Last edited by Pixie; 7 September 2016, 14:36.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: British Gas have ruined my Credit file

welcome to AAD

Pixie is right and don't be POLITE, be absolutely vile, give as many names as you can and scan in any emails/letters you have.

seems with some of these companies, annoying the CEO is the the only way to progress

Comment

Hi.
        I moved into a rented property in 2012 which included all my bills in with my rent. In 2018 my landlord said I had to pay my own gas and electricity so I set it up with EDF and my landlord cancelled with British gas. A few months later British gas sent me a bill for £78 so I contacted them and said I didn't have a account with them etc and refused to pay it and was told they would look into it which I got no response.
        Few months later I got a letter from a collection agency saying that if i didn't pay it it would affect my credit score and basically said I had no option but to pay it unless I wanted that to happen so I paid it.
        I have just applied for a mortgage and been refused because British gas has put a default on my credit report.
        Is there any way I can get this removed or any numbers or email address you can suggest as get no sense from customer service.

Thanks Stephen

Comment

do you or can you get copies of EDF statements showing paid bills for that period which BG state you still with them, also did the bill from BG come after 12 month period??
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Energy back billing: A guide to your rights | Ofgem

www.ofgem.gov.uk › consumers › energy-back-billing...
            A back bill is a catch-up bill sent by a gas or electricity supplier when you have not been correctly charged for your energy use. We've put in place 'back billing' rules that mean: You cannot be charged for gas or electricity used more than 12 months ago if you have not been correctly billed by a supplier.

Comment

Hi
              The bill wasn't after 12 months maybe a couple of months but the only explanation they gave me as to why I had to pay it was because of the time to swap over to EDF. I won't have there letters anymore and not sure on exact date but I should be able to get the dates i started with EDF.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                Hi.
                I moved into a rented property in 2012 which included all my bills in with my rent. In 2018 my landlord said I had to pay my own gas and electricity so I set it up with EDF and my landlord cancelled with British gas. A few months later British gas sent me a bill for £78. . .

I have just applied for a mortgage and been refused because British gas has put a default on my credit report.

Was the inclusion of all bills expressed in a clause in your original tenancy agreement?

If so did you enter into a new tenancy agreement (AST) with your Landlord in 2018 which excluded these bills?

And one more question, was the British Gas default the only blemish on your CRA file when your mortgage application failed?

Di

Comment

Working...
                X