GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script asking for a friend (seriously I am lol) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

asking for a friend (seriously I am lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asking for a friend (seriously I am lol)

She has a smart meter prepayment and it has a plan to take 35% of what she puts on back to pay debt . Can she get the smart meter replaced for the old type meter ?
    Also another friend has a smart meter and wants the old type putting in? thanks if anyone knows .

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...-150-this.html

I suspect the short answer is that energy suppliers will be extremely reluctant to revert back to a non-smart meter, and will put obstacles in the way.

Regarding your first friend - I read it that she owes arrears to the energy supplier ? That being the case, I think they would not remove their means of recovering.

Comment

How do I get a smart meter removed? Smart meters have real benefits, but if you're really not happy with yours, you could ask your supplier to remove it. There may be a cost for this. Alternatively, you could simply ask for the meter's smart functionality to be switched off.

or switch it off sure they will contact the person concerned,
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you both I shall pass the information on

Comment

I would recommend using your MOB to take a picture each month of the Gas and Electricity METERS!
          Irrespective of whether you have or haven't a smart meter.

I was amazed with a gentleman from Morrison Data Services - Leading metering services provider to the UK utilities market. (morrisonds.com) acting on behalf of British Gas! who turned up to read my meters although these are BRITISH GAS SMART meters.
          Candidly I was told that there are sites where these don't work because of interference.

My advice is make certain you have monthly (photo's ) of your meters JUST in CASE these turn out to NOT be as SMART as you have been led to believe!

You can always submit your monthly readings (backed by photos) .

AAD golden rule everything backed by dated evidence!!!

Comment

Working...
          X