GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bill dispute with E.on - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill dispute with E.on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like September 2020. What isn't clear (at least to me) is what they class as customer and actual. Maybe that's my readings versus someone they send round to verify, perhaps.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Doesn't the direct debit guarantee ensure that you have plenty of notice if the amount changes - at least a couple of weeks from memory, but I haven't googled it.

Even then, I'd argue that it was a bit unreasonable to expect anyone to have 900 quid lying around in their current account 'just in case'.

Comment

That's a good point Night Monkey alas I just checked and it is a mere ten days notice!
        But as you say, its a bit unreasonable I think to just expecting people to cough up that amount. With the amount of money they make you would assume that they would get things like this flagged up so they could let people know as soon as possible. Or, wait a minute, it's in their interest to go in to debt with them to make it harder to leave perhaps?!

Does anyone know if I should just pay the amount and then chase for an answer on meter calibration? I don't want any markers on my credit file.

Hope you are looking forward to bank holiday weekend.
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just another of my two penn'orth:

It seems to me that your safest way to protect your current credit status is to pay as you indicated before, as I don't know how they would treat any other approach as regards your credit file. You would then at least be on safe ground from which to pursue a dispute with them (and would be free to switch supplier).

From what you said in earlier posts, it appears to me that from September last year to May this, they were relying on estimates (your customer readings) as opposed to actuals (their own readings). Had you been giving them either monthly or quarterly readings? Are the meters digital readouts or the old series of dials? If dials, is it possible that you, or they, misread the dials? I cannot understand how usage could have been so far adrift from charging, unless there had been no customer readings and no readings by them for that period to May.

Just one thought on switching - if you are currently on a fixed contract there may be a penalty for early termination.

Comment

Thanks, SW

I got on their live chat earlier. I asked if there was any news on my email from ten days ago. They said the case had been closed (?) and would re-open it.
            I asked if they could answer my question, and they said, "do I want a smart meter". Sigh. So I asked for it to be escalated to someone who could answer my questions and was told I would reply in ten days.
            I might as well have stood talking to the wall for ten minutes, honestly. It is frigging hopeless—what a shower they are.
            I think I am going to have to pay now and keep on at them. So I'll wait the ten days, and if it's the same "do you want a smart meter", I'll print it all out and send it to the UK office address where hopefully it will be dealt with by someone who can read.
            The annoying thing is until it's sorted, I don't want to go elsewhere as I feel it will all get lost in the ether!

Happy bank holiday and thanks for reading

Comment

"Do you want fries with that?"

Comment

Working...
              X