GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Water bills 2012 to 2013 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water bills 2012 to 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pooky2483
    replied
    Re: Water bills 2012 to 2013

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Thanks I2D.

I've been putting off enquiring about a water meter in case I end up paying more - I do like a long soak in the bath in the evening as well as the shower in the morning - but as it seems you can change back within a certain time if you're not happy I'll enquire.
    I nearly almost have 1 every night and were only paying £17.27 a month on a meter.

Leave a comment:

• pooky2483
    replied

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    last year the water rates on our 2 bed semi-demolished were £376.39

this year £400.65, so we are paying £2,02 more a month

no complaints from me. YET !!!
    that’s not bad, £30 odd a month.
    You could save more, cut your bill nearly by half and if you don't like it, you can have the meter removed a couple of months in or a year if you are unhappy with the bill.

Do you know how they came about the rate to charge for the water rates?
    It came about when Maggie introduced the Poll Tax, the water companies took on a similar rate of charges and it's stuck ever since.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
    Fingers crossed.
    And don't forget to make a copy for your own records.
    Will do and thank you.

Leave a comment:

• pooky2483
    replied

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Also enclose the relevant evidence they require, hopefully they will deal with it immediately.
    Fingers crossed.
    And don't forget to make a copy for your own records.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

I managed to print the form off, as the one they supposed to have sent out had not arrived on the weekend, and time is limited if I want this backdated, they wanted the info and form returned back to them before the end of this month to do this.
    Also enclose the relevant evidence they require, hopefully they will deal with it immediately.

I did add in a little note that I received a phone call from them and mentioned about the backdating, just in case they've not recorded anything.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

If I was not to benefit for the fixed tarif, then I would strongly be thinking about a water meter, going by the posts on here, sounds like a great saving!

Good luck all. x

Leave a comment:

• samsmum
    replied

Good to hear Pookie. We're in the process of getting one.They said it would be within 40 days so should be all sorted before the new bills come out. They set our new payment at £30 to start with which will save us £20 pm and would be a bonus if it goes lower. The thing that had been putting us off, even though i know it's different is that when we were really struggling we went on prepayment meters for gas/electric and have regretted that ever since. Needed to reduce our outgoings til i get back to work though so we decided to start with this. Aso rang Sky etc, told them we were leaving and got 50%reduction. Trying to get NRAM to let us go on interest only but not getting far with that one

Leave a comment:

• pooky2483
    replied

If anyone’s worried about making the move to a water meter, do it.
    When you get it fitted, you’re usually allowed do decide within up-to something like 3 months and then again a year layer, if you don’t like the charges you can then have it removed.

We were paying £46 a month in a semi and I persuaded my wife that it would be a good idea to get one fitted, our payments dropped to £17 then averaged to £21. We had 2 toilets, 1 bath and a wet room.

We have now moved into a bungalow and the charge was the same, £46. We got a meter fitted and the charge has again dropped to £17. We only have 1 toilet this time as its a bungalow and 1 bath/shower.

I remember something about if you have a water-butt you don’t have to pay drainage charge or something like that or something on the lines of £8 off your bill if you have one.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

depends if you and if you water the garden a lot

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Thanks I2D.

I've been putting off enquiring about a water meter in case I end up paying more - I do like a long soak in the bath in the evening as well as the shower in the morning - but as it seems you can change back within a certain time if you're not happy I'll enquire.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Seeing as there's just me here, do you think I'd be better with a water meter?
    I pay £31 a month at the moment.
    Yes.......

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Seeing as there's just me here, do you think I'd be better with a water meter?
    I pay £31 a month at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Am very happy about that.

Thank you x

Leave a comment:

• philnicandamy
    replied

Result ! well done Di

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Received a phone call from Welsh Water.
    They are sending me the form in the post, because of some problems downloading it (maybe my printer), and the lady asked questions and said it certainly looks like we are eligble for the lowest fixed tariff.

As soon as the forms arrive, complete and send them back before the end of this month and she said she will get it backdated to last April 2011.

Now that will be a huge saving.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X