GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Utility Bill Query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utility Bill Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utility Bill Query

I live at the address that they threatened to disconnect, which they do not supply.

I lived at the address that they claim the debt arose from - but I am certain it doesn't exist. The account wasn't in my name.

The amount is peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by pdx2259 View Post
      I live at the address that they threatened to disconnect, which they do not supply.
      So you lived at address A and were supplied water by company A but this claim of debt is regards to water company B at address A?

If so then it's not yours so ignore it.

I lived at the address that they claim the debt arose from - but I am certain it doesn't exist. The account wasn't in my name.
      But whilst you were resident at that address (address A) did you ever use the water supplier (company B) or not?

If not, ignore it. If so then please clarify.

The amount is peanuts.
      Regardless, if it is yours then they'll pursue it.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Water utilities are monopoly companies - you can't switch.

I lived at A, was supplied by A.

I now live at B, supplied by B but A has threatened to disconnect B on account of debt arising at A

Trust me, this gets a lot worse.

Comment

Water utilities are monopoly companies - you can't switch.

I lived at A, was supplied by A.

I now live at B, supplied by B but A has threatened to disconnect B on account of debt arising at A

Trust me, this gets a lot worse.
          Ok so now we've established the facts - the amount is peanuts, why are we discussing this any further?

If you dispute owing it then write to the water comapny in question and ask for clarity - they have a duty to respond. If they do not then you complain to their regulator.

Its all very simple really.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Never-in-Doubt.

I'm also being pursued for an identical debt to that arising from A, arising from C.

I have asked for verification, but they've ignored it. This was the reason for my post. I've taken on board your reply 23.55, and you've answered it.

Thanks very much, appreciate it.

Comment

I would ignore them to be honest and see what they do - if they start being aggressive then just report them to their regulator and demand an apology and compo for the sheer hassle casued to you. Point is, you have, as you say, asked for proof and if they ignore you then that is their error.

If they come back at you, post back and we'll try and seek resolution for you.... good luck

Comment

Thanks very much indeed guys! All the best.
                Last edited by pdx2259; 9 February 2012, 00:51.

Comment

They must be fully aware of my verification request because they responded to it - by issuing a second letter before claim.

The verification request is the only contact I've made with the company.

C arises from over 5 years ago - I simply do not remember, but I always pay my debts.
                  If it's 6 years then it'd be Statute Barred so see what happens - i'd not worry too much.

Comment

I've thought about ignoring this Niddy, but I need to take some control over it and find out what's going on. This has been going on 2yrs and it's starting to do my head in, they are really p155ing me off!

All the template SARs I've seen are bank related, but I've adapted one for a utility - can I post it up for you to take a look at please?

Comment

I've thought about ignoring this Niddy, but I need to take some control over it and find out what's going on. This has been going on 2yrs and it's starting to do my head in, they are really p155ing me off!

All the template SARs I've seen are bank related, but I've adapted one for a utility - can I post it up for you to take a look at please?
                      Hiya

Please feel free.....

Comment

Thanks! Is it good to go?

Dear Sirs,

RE:

I acknowledge receipt of your letter before claim, dated Feb 01 2012.
                        I would like to remind you that this balance is in dispute.
                        I made a request for written verification on the 31st January 2011, which you both acknowledged and agreed to. It is clear that you have now chosen to ignore that reasonable request, and instead proceed with your action against me.
                        In order for me to ascertain the legitimacy of this balance, you have given me no alternative but to now demand a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998.
                        Thus, under the Data Protection Act 1998, and including the right of subject access under this Act, I hereby request that you supply me with ANY and ALL historical data in your possession which relates to me and am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Act. If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act. As such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

For the avoidance of any and all doubt, I reiterate:
                        I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which, in any way appertains to me, including (but not exhaustively) a list of all accounts and charges attributable to me including those arising from my occupation of the following properties:

Thus all attributable water service charges, the dates to which these service charges apply, how these service charges were calculated, the dates these charges were corresponded to me by mail including any proof of postage; all internal and external correspondence sent or received by you including memo’s, logs, notes, screen prints and transcripts; notes of manual interventions such as telephone attendants' notes, copies of stored telephone conversations, internal and external emails; any other information held on all types of media in any relevant filing system (microfiche included). If you have disclosed any information to a third party (with or without my express permission), will you please include full details of this in your reply, along with notes of any legal action passed or pending (to include a true copy of default notices, court orders and the like).

Where any information that you provide includes any fees, for example returned payments, late payment fees, search fees and so forth, would you please advise your breakdown of actual costs (liquidated damages) incurred for each charge, and the Term or Condition on which you rely upon to claim such a charge. I also require that you forward, within the above mentioned time scale, a true copy of the Terms and Conditions that were in force at the time my accounts were opened, and any subsequent amendments to those Terms and Conditions.

Where you have used abbreviations and/or codes, I would request that an accompanying sheet be provided so as to translate these abbreviations and/or codes and their meanings, I also request an accompanying appendices of the documents included and reference to the purpose or meaning to those documents.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00 to access ALL data held by you about myself. You should be fully aware of your statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act and I reserve the right to refer to the contents of this letter if an application for pre-action discovery is necessary relating to any of the documents requested herein.

You have 40 days in which to comply with this request and note that this request has been sent Recorded Delivery so I can ensure compliance on these issues comply within the legislative time frames.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Should you decide to proceed with this frivolous and vexatious action before I am in receipt of this data, I shall defend it vigorously.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Yep good to go (just format it into proper paragraphs and give it the right line breaks etc first)....

Comment

Thanks very much, will do

Comment

any update here?

Comment

I've pmd you - hope you don't mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X