GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sad day, dog has liver cancer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad day, dog has liver cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sad day, dog has liver cancer

sorry to hear your news Cym, we still miss our setter and she went to the big playground 12 years ago.(( hugs)) XXX
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

There's no more that I can add to what has already been said, so I'm just sending a very big

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        My 131/2 year old has been off colour for the last week. My lovely mobile vet came and examined him, took him for a scan and then did blood tests.
        He has liver cancer, nothing can be done, just keep him comfortable and happy.

Two weeks ago he did an hour long walk up hills, through mud etc with the giant puppy. He was happy. We should all be grateful that he has had a good, happy and spoiled life, but when he goes it is going to leave a massive hole in our lives.

He is small, hairy and smelly and he rules he roost, the way he struts is like the parrot from the Giles cartoons!
        Feel gutted for you, we lost our westie in Aug and our cross staff j russell 7 weeks later they were 14 and 15 wasnt going to ever have another dog as it is like losing one of the family, we are now the proud owner of a 3 month old yorkiepoo and we love her dearly.
        All the best to you.

Comment

So so sorry to hear the news about your dog. Keep with the vet's advice, lots of tlc and spoil him with different treats and food to tempt him. The steroids should work wonders with his appetite.

Comment

Looks like we are cornering the sausage market! He is eating a packet a day, still drinking and having very short walks.
            Day by day we will enjoy him.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good to hear that he's eating. If he turns his nose up at sausages maybe see if you can vary it with stuff that's easier for his liver to process like chicken or fish?

My lab suddenly stopped eating in October and was diagnosed with a liver issue after some blood tests. The steroids truly were a Godsend as they enabled him to eat, and are still doing so while we try to get him sorted.

Comment

He has gone.

Bless him, his body had virtually collapsed. The vet struggled to find his vein but she was lovely and gentle.

Comment

Oh Cym I'm so sorry, I don't know what else to say..big big hug to you.xxx
                  Shine on you crazy diamond..

Comment

Cym, i'm so sorry for the loss of your loyal friend and companion,i send you my love xx nothing more to say xx

Comment

So sorry to hear that Cym. You did everything you could. Big hugs to you xx
                      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

thinking of you Cym

sending a hug

xxxx

Comment

Thinking of you too Cym
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                            Thinking of you too Cym
                            Likewise know exactly how you are feeling right now.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Cym x

It really is like losing one of the family
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

So sorry Cym, I know how you must be feeling as all of us here who have lost a loyal pet will know....
                                xx

Comment

Working...
                                X