GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script P&O Cruises looking to charge the account over a month after disembarkation - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P&O Cruises looking to charge the account over a month after disembarkation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P&O Cruises looking to charge the account over a month after disembarkation

Hi,

We came back from a cruise back in October (P&O IONA) and i raised a complaint on the 26th of October, which still hasn't been resolved or even replied to other than a standard generic email saying somebody would get back to me within 28 days (23/122021)

My question is firstly can a company just say oh we noticed an error on our side and we never charged you but now we are

Would you send an email back saying we will pay once my complaint has been addressed

We have also got another two cruises booked with them, so could they use this money to offset the amount they forgot to charge us.

any advice on what you would do in this situation would be much appreciated.

I cannot give specific advice but I have had dealings with them.

P&O take months to respond to even very important correspondence including deaths on their boats. I suspect that they only manage their accounts monthly and collate info when there is good comms eg in UK or large ports. Then they have to send reports back and forth if there are discrepancies. It could be they charged the wrong cabin eg 316 instead of 361 or could not read the till because of a fault which has been rectified.

Anybody can ask you to address an error on an account. It is up to you to decide how to proceed.

Your complaint will be dealt with by a different section (perhaps in a different country) than the account. The bookings may or may not be visible to the persons dealing with your account or your complaint.

Comment

Working...
    X