GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script asking for a friend - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

asking for a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asking for a friend

My friend owns a caravan site and has seasonal pitch members. In fact they can stay all year round , there is a problem with a caravan owner, they've got a wheel clamp on the caravan and they've gone to live in Canada , they promised to send the key so that the site owner can move the caravan if it needs to be moved. They haven't been to the caravan for over 2 years and it is taking up a pitch that could be used by a new customer, the thing is the guy in Canada is still paying the monthly fee to be there .
    Could the site owner move the caravan off the pitch with a tractor and store it in the barn , or would that be illegal to do that ?

Thanks if anyone has any idea of what can be done here .

if they are paying the site fees then they can't move it without their permission and if in storage can only charge a storage fee not the full site fee,
    they will have to contact them to ask if they intend to return soon
    , or if they wish to continue with keeping the pitch,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      if they are paying the site fees then they can't move it without their permission and if in storage can only charge a storage fee not the full site fee,
      they will have to contact them to ask if they intend to return soon
      , or if they wish to continue with keeping the pitch,
      i am assuming there is a contract in place, if so ia there anything in it about moving them from the pitch.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Thanks for the replies. I don't know if there is a contract but I will ask .

Comment

Working...
        X