GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Gardening: Tips and Advice 2 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gardening: Tips and Advice 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gardening: Tips and Advice 2

How's everyone's gardens going?

Yesterday I planted my Daffs and Crocuses bulbs, what ones have you planted?
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Planting not going too well, but dogs have nicely prepared the ground ....... It's just a shame that they are planning for returfing, but we aren't!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I still haven't taken up my summer bedding plants
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've done bugger all in mine.......it's all decking.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Planting not going too well, but dogs have nicely prepared the ground ....... It's just a shame that they are planning for returfing, but we aren't!
            Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            I still haven't taken up my summer bedding plants

Awww

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            I've done bugger all in mine.......it's all decking.

Another thread you're banned from!!
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well, November 22nd and we still have fuscias, geraniums, passion flower, dahlias, penstomnummnumnums, bougainvillea and the greek midnight sented jasmine in full flower,

Crazy weather

Comment

Hi guys I want to split my bamboo but its tuff going any easy way to dig it out.

Kind Regards

SeeSaw
                My Brains not in sycn leave me alone.

Comment

Overview

Bamboo plants spread and self-propagate by sending out underground rhizomes. Clumping varieties have shallow rhizomes that gradually increase the size of the clump. Running bamboo spreads rapidly, sending out long roots and rhizomes. Regardless of the variety, bamboo plants take to division and splitting well. Split bamboo in the early spring when the new shoots are just emerging, and the new splits will establish strong roots during the coming growing season.

Step 1

Set a soaker hose on the plant you are going to divide and let the water seep into the soil. Soak the roots the day before you split the bamboo plant. Water potted bamboo until the water seeps from the drainage holes in the bottom, then set the pot outside or in the sink to drain overnight.
                  Step 2

Drive a garden fork or shovel into the soil at the edge of the bamboo plant and pull back on the handle to loosen the rhizomes. Remove container grown bamboo from the pot by turning the plant on its side and sliding the root ball free.
                  Step 3

Work your shovel or fingers between the rhizomes and pull the sections apart. Divide a large plant in half or into several smaller clumps.
                  Step 4

Clip off the top third of the stalks, also known as the culm. Use a sharp pair of shears and make clean horizontal cuts.
                  Step 5

Dig a hole slightly larger than the root ball of each bamboo plant split. Make the planting holes the same depth as the root ball. Fill a planting pot for each split with a well draining potting soil mix.
                  Step 6

Place the root ball of the bamboo splits into the planting holes or into the prepared pots. Fill in under and around the the rhizomes and pat down the soil until the plant stands on its own. Plant the rhizome so that it is the same depth as it was before the split.
                  Step 7

Water the bamboo plant splits until the soil is evenly damp all around the rhizomes. Keep the soil damp but not saturated for the first two weeks after planting.

Read more: How to Split a Bamboo Plant | Garden Guides http://www.gardenguides.com/118530-s...#ixzz3VEEuGSF8

Comment

Or get a Panda x
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                    X