GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Christmas gift ideas for friends and family - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas gift ideas for friends and family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joshing
    replied
    Re: Christmas gift ideas for friends and family

Originally posted by IF View Post
    That's a good idea, do let us know what they look like if you order some
    I have got one I ordered to see what they look like but cant seem to find a wsy of uploading a photo from phone to show you, quite nice really pretty stone's around the edges for the ladies. Need maybe 2 or 3 nice words that can apply to all femail relatives, any suggestions? Parents can have luvy duvy stuff on but sisters sister in laws need summit simple but nice.

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
    They have them kindle things so books no good, I had been thinking that myself so asked to find our. Iv found some nice keyrings on ebay they engrave them free with a message on back & name on front might go for them if I can think what to put it has to be sort.
    Hadn't thought about them having kindles

The key rings are a really good idea...and personal too.

Leave a comment:

• IF
    replied

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
    Iv found some nice keyrings on ebay they engrave them free with a message on back & name on front might go for them if I can think what to put it has to be sort.
    That's a good idea, do let us know what they look like if you order some

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Do they like reading? The supermarkets have got paperback books quite cheap.
    They have them kindle things so books no good, I had been thinking that myself so asked to find our. Iv found some nice keyrings on ebay they engrave them free with a message on back & name on front might go for them if I can think what to put it has to be sort.

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Do they like reading? The supermarkets have got paperback books quite cheap.

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
    Home made food gifts sound like a perfect solution, jilly.

I have made home-made bread pudding (wrapped in greaseproof paper, then wrapping paper and tied with ribbons it looks pretty), and home made chocolate bars which are personalised. For example, my dad loves dark chocolate with fruit and nuts, so I buy dark chocolate, melt it down then using a bread tin lined with cling film (as its a good size for a choccie bar) as a mold, sprinkle in cranberrys, mixed nuts, raisins etc, and top with the melted chocolate. Let it chill then wrap in foil and present with some pretty bows etc.

Your relatives must have a favourite foodstuff you could make for them?
    But I hate baking nothing turns out right & I end up spending more money.
    Last edited by Pixie; 25 November 2013, 16:04. Reason: tidied up quote

Leave a comment:

• diddlydee
    replied

Home made food gifts sound like a perfect solution, jilly.

I have made home-made bread pudding (wrapped in greaseproof paper, then wrapping paper and tied with ribbons it looks pretty), and home made chocolate bars which are personalised. For example, my dad loves dark chocolate with fruit and nuts, so I buy dark chocolate, melt it down then using a bread tin lined with cling film (as its a good size for a choccie bar) as a mold, sprinkle in cranberrys, mixed nuts, raisins etc, and top with the melted chocolate. Let it chill then wrap in foil and present with some pretty bows etc.

Your relatives must have a favourite foodstuff you could make for them?

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

Guys I need ideas for small gifts as this year will be very tight for us, the inlaws have everyteing, no room to store anymore bits as they are staying with elderly mother as recently came back from living in the states, Easier then we didnt buy anything lol. Brother in laws always been a pain to choose for as his just designer everything and we wouldnt go there!! Im looking for stuff that can be used....... not stored......... or chucked........ any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• diddlydee
    replied

Is "tablet" more toffee like? I prefer toffee to fudge.

I want chocolate Baileys for Christmas and plenty of it If anyone bought me that, I'd be well happy!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
    397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
    150ml milk
    450g demerara sugar
    115g butter

Place the ingredients into a large non-stick saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.

Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the base of the pan. Take care while the mixture boils and during stirring as the fudge will be VERY hot! To test its ready drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form. Or check with a sugar thermometer if you have one (approx 118°C).

Remove from the heat and beat the fudge until very thick and starting to set (about 10 minutes).

Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool before cutting into squares.
    I add the baileys just as it is thickening before I put it into the cake tin to cool....
    Gorgeous
    Jane x
    Cook for longer and add more condensed milk and you'll get a Scottish delicacy called Tablet

Leave a comment:

• IF
    replied

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    How many bottles of Baileys should I use?

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
    150ml milk
    450g demerara sugar
    115g butter

Place the ingredients into a large non-stick saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.

Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the base of the pan. Take care while the mixture boils and during stirring as the fudge will be VERY hot! To test its ready drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form. Or check with a sugar thermometer if you have one (approx 118°C).

Remove from the heat and beat the fudge until very thick and starting to set (about 10 minutes).

I add the baileys just as it is thickening before I put it into the cake tin to cool....
    Gorgeous
    Jane x
    Yay! Thanks Jane
    How many bottles of Baileys should I use?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

M&S have loads of 3for2 and 50% off offers. Went to Meadowhall today, got £120 in our basket and paid just £60 odd. Great bargains to be had. Ideal stocking fillers etc for kids

Leave a comment:

• tastyjane
    replied

150ml milk
    450g demerara sugar
    115g butter

Gorgeous
    Jane x

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

You wouldn't by any chance pass on the recipe would you Jane?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X