GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Driving licence trap: 1.6m drivers risk £1,000 fine for not renewing photograph that costs just £20 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving licence trap: 1.6m drivers risk £1,000 fine for not renewing photograph that costs just £20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Driving Licence have you renewed yours ?

Exactly one year ago (more or less).

Driving licence trap: 1.6m drivers risk hefty fine for not renewing photograph at £20 cost | This is Money

BBC on the cutting edge of up to date news again.....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I still have one of the old paper licences......
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The paper ones are due to be phased out in 2015 so I believe.

Can see this as being the backdoor ID card.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
          I still have one of the old paper licences......
          Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          The paper ones are due to be phased out in 2015 so I believe.

Can see this as being the backdoor ID card.
          or if you change your address you don't get a choice............

Comment

We still have an old paper one, is it compulsary to change?
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
              We still have an old paper one, is it compulsary to change?
              Only if you change your address I'd keep hold of that for now.

Comment

Think my next addresss may be Coffin house cemetary park
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                  or if you change your address you don't get a choice............
                  That's ok then.... I've lived in the same place for years.
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

I think the compulsion to change will come in 2015. Would wait for them to write to me if I was you unless you move.

I only ended up with mine 10 years ago for the very reason I2D identified.

A change of address.

Comment

By then I have to take a test due to age, so that will be the end of my paper licence, must be due in couple years the test.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        By then I have to take a test due to age, so that will be the end of my paper licence, must be due in couple years the test.
                        Is it an actual test? My friend's mum turned 70 but wasn't required to take a test.... just to renew her licence.
                        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                          Is it an actual test? My friend's mum turned 70 but wasn't required to take a test.... just to renew her licence.

We were always told to sit a test at 70, may be lucky not to then?

Comment

Thinking about it, a change of address was the reason I got my photo driving licence
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                              Driving licence fines threaten two million drivers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20968886
                              Hi I2D

i have moved these posts here to this thread that i created a year ago, just needed a quick BUMP!

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                                Hi I2D

i have moved these posts here to this thread that i created a year ago, just needed a quick BUMP!

Comment

Working...
                                X