GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Finding it difficult to get insured due to mileage - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding it difficult to get insured due to mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mgfboy
    replied
    Re: Finding it difficult to get insured due to mileage

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    I think i am rather specail to be honest , my point is that insurances and dca get enough money out of us so why volunteer information if it isn't asked ?
    Fair enough if they dont ask dont tell, my point if they do ask don't lie!!!!

As for you being special I'm sure only you can answer that

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
    Look I'm only a lowly bloke with 20 plus years in the insurance business, I'm sure you all know far more than I.

The point I'm making is don't lie or mislead or try to be clever, you all get pissed off enough when the DCA etc do it to you, or are you special because your sticking it to the man
    I think i am rather specail to be honest , my point is that insurances and dca get enough money out of us so why volunteer information if it isn't asked ?

Leave a comment:

• mgfboy
    replied

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    mate, im not saying you are wrong, im only giving my expierence.

Of course there are risks envolved, would be stupid to not say that.
    Sorry i'm in a bad mood , stressed and generally pissed off with life , so if I'm a little short forgive me

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

mate, im not saying you are wrong, im only giving my expierence.

Of course there are risks envolved, would be stupid to not say that.

Leave a comment:

• mgfboy
    replied

I know what you "should" do but i have never ever had an insurance company ask me about my milage when Ive ever made a claim.

Not one company (and Ive had a few) have said, oh hold on, says here you do 10k, best look at your milage before we pay out. Just doesn't happen.

I appreciate what the T's and C's may say, and what you are meant to do, but i also think we should be remembering the likelihood of them actually checking is slim to none.
    same here never had any insurance ask me and i have been driving since i was 18 hubby the same, my son hasn't been asked either and he just insured his car he is only 22 , so never heard of it before .

Look I'm only a lowly bloke with 20 plus years in the insurance business, I'm sure you all know far more than I.

The point I'm making is don't lie or mislead or try to be clever, you all get pissed off enough when the DCA etc do it to you, or are you special because your sticking it to the man

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

I know what you "should" do but i have never ever had an insurance company ask me about my milage when ive ever made a claim.

Not one company (and ive had a few) have said, oh hold on, says here you do 10k, best look at your milage before we pay out. Just doesnt happen.

I apreciate what the T's and C's may say, and what you are ment to do, but i also think we should be remembering the likelyhood of them actually checking is slim to none.
    same here never had any insurance ask me and i have been driving since i was 18 hubby the same, my son hasen't been asked either and he just insured his car he is only 22 , so never heard of it before .

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

I know what you "should" do but i have never ever had an insurance company ask me about my milage when ive ever made a claim.

Not one company (and ive had a few) have said, oh hold on, says here you do 10k, best look at your milage before we pay out. Just doesnt happen.

I apreciate what the T's and C's may say, and what you are ment to do, but i also think we should be remembering the likelyhood of them actually checking is slim to none.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

My advice is just dont give them and excuss not to pay other wise a cheap premium becomes a total waste of money!!!!
    Totally agree

Leave a comment:

• mgfboy
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Mate they would not decline a claim if you usually do 10,000 and then it went up, if you called the insurer when you hit the 10k miles they would not change the policy, it'd carry over and be included in the next renewal.

I know you know what you're on about lol
    Your probably right, but trust me the insurance world gets stranger all the time, things that they would have just ignore in the past get factored in. My advice is just dont give them and excuss not to pay other wise a cheap premium becomes a total waste of money!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mgfboy
    replied

they have us conned either way , but why more if your out of work ?. why more for the amount of miles we do. Total rip off .
    Never understood the unemployed rate increase, but the mileage one is quite stright forward. The more you on the road the more chance you have to hit something!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Niddy your right mate, shit happens right up to the point they decline a claim because of a material non disclosure!!!!

As I'm sure your aware most policy T&C's include a clause saying you should inform them of any material changes and going fom say 5k to 30k annual mileage would be.
    Mate they would not decline a claim if you usually do 10,000 and then it went up, if you called the insurer when you hit the 10k miles they would not change the policy, it'd carry over and be included in the next renewal.

I know you know what you're on about lol

Leave a comment:

• mgfboy
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    But at the start of the year you estimate. Now he has a job it'll be more.

Ooops. Shit happens. That's not fraud. Technically )
    Niddy your right mate, shit happens right up to the point they decline a claim because of a material non disclosure!!!!

As I'm sure your aware most policy T&C's include a clause saying you should inform them of any material changes and going fom say 5k to 30k annual mileage would be.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

They may find out and also if you lie your commiting insurance fraud!!!!
    no i misunderstood the question or a typo , they have had enough out our family over the years, i'm sick of being over charged they can get stuffed

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

You can claim miliage or petrol costs under self employment, so up to you which you choose.

Personally, i tell my insurance i do 12k a year, i do more, never had a problem, they dont check it.

The only issue you will find is with finance, as they will charge something like 1p a mile over when you go to hand it back or whatever.

I agree , they are a rip off all of them.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    Check the MOT history of a vehicle

Check the MOT history of a vehicle - get a full MOT test history and mileage of the vehicle at the time of each test
    they have us conned either way , but why more if your out of work ?. why more for the amount of miles we do. Total rip off .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X