GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car bought on finance and showing problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car bought on finance and showing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only wish I could help more on this one...

Comment

At this stage do not mention legal action, keep it amicable but be firm. They probably will not cover tax and insurance as you can get a refund on them, bar the months use.

Comment

Evening all! I gave the car back to the dealership today, handed over the keys etc, so that part is finalised. The finance company have yet to come back to me, they even took the first payment of £204.00 this morning. The chap at the dealership who I get on ok with, assured me that he would work to get all the finance returned asap. When I left they were going to transfer the car over re the DVLA and send me a confirmation email, which has not come yet as it was late afternoon. Can you believe they actually just put the car back up for sale on their Facebook page! Considering my finance has not been finalised and the DVLA probably still have it registered in my name lol. Still a big weight off my mind that it has managed to get transferred back. Should get most of the DVLA car tax refunded as I did it within the time frame I set myself and the insurance has been cancelled in time before renewal. Should be able to get my life back to a bit of peace soon I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by seaside girl View Post
          I gave the car back to the dealership today, handed over the keys etc, so that part is finalised. The finance company have yet to come back to me, they even took the first payment of £204.00 this morning. The chap at the dealership who I get on ok with, assured me that he would work to get all the finance returned asap.

Should be able to get my life back to a bit of peace soon I reckon.
          Does this story now have a happy ending?

Di

Comment

Hello Diana many thanks for asking, much appreciated. Yes it all got sorted out in the end thank you. I got all the finance back, as well as reimbursement for tools etc I had bought. I received £150 compensation too. I ended up on good on good polite terms with the sales team when I went back in to complete the handover. They could see all the problems that led me to end the deal. They had assured me that the car was perfectly fine if I changed my mind, however when the salesman went to open the car for me to check nothing of mine was inside, the alarm went off again and would not stop!

Comment

Working...
            X